gt500.org doing a poor job updating your database

Unfortunately, gt500.org is doing a poor job of staying on top of your updates.

Marcin (company president and lead developer) is the one that uploads the database to GT500.org. I think he has been way too busy the past couple of weeks, but he hasn't mentioned what he's been up to.

Is there a way to download the latest database (currently 1241)?

Unfortunately, gt500.org is doing a poor job of staying on top of your updates.

They are 38 updates behind!

Thanks.

In the update tab there is a drop down menu and you can choose the download location. gt500.org has nothing to do with updates other than to host them.

• Root Admin

Well there have been cases where a corrupted DB could not be updated within the program because it would prevent it according to some users. That is why we offered them a manual download I thought, or for those users that need to work on a system that is not connected to the Internet.

I got 1241 in about 2 seconds through security works.

Me too, but how do you get it saved to your desktop as "mbam-rules.exe"

I need to install the latest database version on someone's computer who can't access the internet.

So I want to download the latest database (mbam-rules.exe) and save that exe file to my flash drive.

Not possible, is it?

Everywhere I find a downloadable MBAM database online, it's way out of date.

• Root Admin

Though the rules may be updated quite frequently Bruce there are times that you need to clean a system that is maybe only online at rare times or has already been broken and can't get online. I realize that the external may not be up to date with the very latest version but it should be up to date within say at least a day (IMHO).

Marcin said he is getting it fixed right now .

Please everyone , can we be happy that MBAM is 99% awesome for free ?

I am!! I have vague memories of what malware removal was before MBAM. They get more vague with time. The only real challenges these days are the occasional new variant and getting Joe Icantreadorfollowinstructions to do as requested.

I am!! I have vague memories of what malware removal was before MBAM. They get more vague with time. The only real challenges these days are the occasional new variant and getting Joe Icantreadorfollowinstructions to do as requested.

Agreed. So much better with Malwarebytes!

Me too, but how do you get it saved to your desktop as "mbam-rules.exe"

I need to install the latest database version on someone's computer who can't access the internet.

So I want to download the latest database (mbam-rules.exe) and save that exe file to my flash drive.

Not possible, is it?

Everywhere I find a downloadable MBAM database online, it's way out of date.

Why save to desktop? Can you not put your up to date version of MBAM on a flashdrive and download to his computer?

To Montana

It may be noted that it is those you classify as "Joecantreadorfollowinstructions",

(as opposed to Trevorwhocandothisshitinhissleep) who are most in need of

such programs as this.

They are also most in need of clear instructions to follow.

What they do not need is a condescending attitude.

If you don't like non-techs, palm them off to some one else.

Most people come to forums to do one of two things,be fanboys or get help.

A rare few come to help.

And even smaller sub-group of these are able to do this with a decent

attitude.

One could simply update MBAM on a computer that has access then navigate to %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and grab the rules.ref file and copy it to a flash drive then navigate to the same folder on the PC to be cleaned and copy it there (without MBAM running of course) then open MBAM it will use the new database. Heck, you could even create a batch file that installs MBAM and then copies over the database file and then opens mbam and has it run a quick scan for you using the command line reference in the help file. By the way, +1 for having a tool as valuable and useful as MBAM being free!

To Montana

It may be noted that it is those you classify as "Joecantreadorfollowinstructions",

(as opposed to Trevorwhocandothisshitinhissleep) who are most in need of

such programs as this.

They are also most in need of clear instructions to follow.

What they do not need is a condescending attitude.

If you don't like non-techs, palm them off to some one else.

Most people come to forums to do one of two things,be fanboys or get help.

A rare few come to help.

And even smaller sub-group of these are able to do this with a decent

attitude.

Well you got help here, so I don't know what your bitch is. No one gets palmed off here, you don't seem to get what was really being said. MBAM has made helping people so easy, the biggest challenge is those who will not follow directions. They are out there and plenty.

I can say I've been on both sides of the coin myself. I'm very good at removing malware and dealing with issues, but there are certainly many things that I don't know and when I need help I ask. There have been times that the assistance I received was excellent and the individuals I dealt with were incredibly patient. There have also been times that the individuals who replied to "help" me were not patient and didn't seem to listen to the actual info/question that I had written. Sometimes people get tired of being nice and just want to get to the heart of the matter so they go through the motions of doing the same old thing for the next guy that they've been doing for people for years, but there's a key difference. If some of these knowlegeable and helpful sorts would look back at their own replies to posts from people who needed their help early on vs their more recent ones, you can see an absence of courtesy and patience where people are treated like a number instead of an individual and just because you've seen "symptom X" and "malware Y" and heard "question Z" 350,000 times, it's probably the first time that this particular individual you are dealing with has experienced it, hence the reason they've come for help. I know it gets hard to be patient and it can be difficult not to treat people like morons when you know so much more than they, but their only crime is ignorance. They use their computers to surf the net, play games, get email, and listen to/view media and that's about it. They don't spend half their life on it figuring out how everything deep inside Windows works and they don't know how to properly protect it. It's great to spread the word of great software that can help them and it's even better to jump in and assist, for free no less by giving of your time and knowlege to these individuals when they get into trouble, just remember, if you're dealing with your doctor he is there to help (yes he's being paid, but still) and if he's short with you it may not bug you a bit, but some people are more easily offended so in these situations tact and people skills are a must. I used to be a PC tech and had to deal with people face to face when I talked to them about protecting their PC's and safe surfing habits and doing this without condescension can be difficult when you're explaining it for the 500th time to the 8,000th customer, but I just had to remind myself that though I've been here many times, it's a first for the individual standing before me and if I turn him/her off by being rude they might be less likely to ask for help when they need it again.

exile360, I look at that massive block of text, and I cannot even begin to read it. While there could be a good point in there, the delivery needs work. In the future, and only for readability's sake, I suggest that you break your post up into smaller paragraphs. :blink: