Wifi Disabler Virus?

Can somebody help me?

My laptop is relatively new. I left it on this afternoon while I ran out to do something outside. When I came back - my wifi was totally unable to view any networks. Nothing I do comes up with any answers - trouble shooting can't find anything wrong. I'm writing from my desktop, hoping you can help me.

Can somebody help me?

My laptop is relatively new. I left it on this afternoon while I ran out to do something outside. When I came back - my wifi was totally unable to view any networks. Nothing I do comes up with any answers - trouble shooting can't find anything wrong. I'm writing from my desktop, hoping you can help me.

Hi,

Please be a little bit patient. :lol:

Do you still need help? If so, please follow these instructions:

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection.
  • Double click dds.com to run the tool..
  • When done, DDS will open two logs (DDS.txt and Attach.txt).
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

Please include the contents of DDS.txt in your next reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

• Double click GMER.exe.
    gmer_zip.gif
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED ...
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
      GMER_thumb.jpg
      Click the image to enlarge it

[*] Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.

[*] Once done click on the [save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt"

[*]Save the log where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.

**Caution**

Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Please copy and paste the report into your Post.