MalwareBytes conflict with program updaters?

i installed MBAM because Ad-Aware wasn't cutting it and i knew it was missing some malware. MBAM installed fine and i scanned and got rid of the malware that ad-aware hadn't caught, but i think maybe malwarebytes caught more than it was supposed to. ever since i scanned and got rid of the malware, avast doesn't open up on startup (though it runs fine once i start it manually), and a couple programs can't seem to update. the most bothersome one to me is World of Warcraft. the updater keeps crashing. the game is ok, just the updater that is trying to patch that has the fatal error.

the error is as follows:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception

Program: C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe

Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:016E2DE4

The instruction at "0x016E2DE4" referenced memory at "0x0000012D".

The memory could not be "read".

the only other updating problem i've noticed is itunes tells me that there is a new version, but when i tell it to install the update window just closes.

uninstalling and reinstalling both the programs and MBAM itself hasn't resolved the issues. is it possible MBAM deleted something important?

thank you for any help.

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception

Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe

Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0073:7E160045

Hi migelito and welcome -

This quote and several similar ones are very common on many sites -

Please enter the top line of your error , ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception , into any Google search and you will see this -

I do not think it is caused by Malwarebytes , but it is a generic error from the WoW program -

Thank You -

EDIT -

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal ...

21 Mar 2009 ... 1. Re: ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception 03/21/2009 04:50:22 PM PDT ... 3. Re: ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception 03/22/2009 03:14:09 AM PDT ...

forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId...sid=1 - Cached - Similar

World of Warcraft (de) Foren -> ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal ...?

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> Error #132 (0x85100084) fatal ...?

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> Error #132 (0x85100084) Fatal ...?

Just a very quick sample of the entries - Many date from last week , back to about 3 years -

Hi migelito and welcome -

This quote and several similar ones are very common on many sites -

Please enter the top line of your error , ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception , into any Google search and you will see this -

I do not think it is caused by Malwarebytes , but it is a generic error from the WoW program -

ok thank you for such a quick response. i realize now that it was probably not the installation of MBAM that messed up my programs, it was the malware that i had that MBAM got rid of that caused these problems (it was the thinkpoint trojan). MBAM got rid of the Malware, but how do i fix the problems i have with some of my permissions? not just the warcraft thing, my AV doesn't startup when i turn on my computer even though it's enabled and some programs can't update even though they have the required permissions. anyone have any ideas? also if i use the "repair windows" option on my widows disk, will i lose a bunch of data and files?

thank you for any help