Running MalwareBytes

Over the past ten days I have had a virus incident on my PC. My running anti-virus/firewall software was ZoneAlarm. It caught some of it, but clearly not all. I removed ZoneAlarm, downloaded and installed MalwareBytes, found and removed further infections.

At that point I thought things were solved, but I am having additional trouble.

I removed MalwareBytes, installed ESET security, found and removed additional infections.

I have also downloaded, installed and scanned using Avast, found additional infections and removed them.

I then attempted to download and install Malwarebytes again, only I cannot now get it to run.

I have had the same issues with antivirus software by AVG and Trned Micro. I am able to download, but not install and run.

I have always removed one anti-virus program prior to attempting to install another.

My computer reports my internet connection is dead, but I can surf the net without problems.

I checked by my provider, and they report my internet connection is running just fine. And my modem has all lights in the green.

My primary software, Quickbooks, will not come up and when I ran the error code past Quickbooks tech support, they suggest a virus might be responsible. They also make note that sometimes a virus will prevent antivirus software from running and suggested running the antivirus software in safe mode.

I attmpted to run MalwareBytes while in safe mode and again it would not come up, though it seems to install without incident.

Any thoughts?

I removed MalwareBytes, installed ESET security, found and removed additional infections.
Hi and welcome -

You can run EST and Malwarebytes together as EST is an antivirus scanner and Malwarebytes is an antiMalware scanner (not quite the same) -

However the infections have caused some problems that need further removal -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow ->What do I do now?<- , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a -->New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :D

EDIT -

Are there any error numbers that come up with Malwarebytes -