nothing will update

OK I've done everything but chuck it out the window. It installs [ and reinstall ] fine; it scans it finds it deletes it does everything but update.

I've turned off everything that monitors the PC [ leaving the PC open to any attack ] but when I click on up date it tries to find the site then said it cannot access the internet so turn off your firewall -BUT IT'S NOT ON,Even MS firewall is turned off.I give up. Every other program and virus checker updates on the web just fine - so what makes this &^%$# program so special in accessing the net ??

Hello jackolan: :D

Sorry to hear that you are having problem(s). Please provide following details, someone will help you:

1. OS version including 32/64-bit
  2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
  3. MBAM version (current 1.46)
  4. Definition version (current 5012)
  5. Do you use a router to connect to Internet

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Hi -

Please post the items requested above first , then we can check this -

Here are some steps to diagnose update issues:

Step 1

Click on this link and let me know what it says. It should be just a 4-digit number in the upper-left corner. (Over 5000)

Step 2

Please download and run the traceroute utility at this link. It will run a traceroute to our update servers to see if it can find the connection issue, and then it will write it to a log, and open that log in Notepad when it is done. Please either save the log as a Text File and then attach it to a reply, or copy and paste it into a reply, and I will forward it on to our server guy. This should only take a few mins -

Thank You -

Hello jackolan: :D

Sorry to hear that you are having problem(s). Please provide following details, someone will help you:

1. OS version including 32/64-bit
  2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
  3. MBAM version (current 1.46)
  4. Definition version (current 5012)
  5. Do you use a router to connect to Internet

My HD was trashed by the MSE virus so I reloaded from clean. OS-XP prof upgrade 2, Anti virus Avast Prof 4.7, spyware blaster 43.3.

Original MB 1.14 but txt record [ back up drive ] shows 1.46. when it crashed So I reloaded my original MB. Do I have to download the upgraded version ?

Hello jackolan:

What is upgrade 2 do you mean SP2? You should update to SP3 as soon as possible to receive all security patches till 2014, Windows XP SP2 support has already ended in July I believe

You must install the latest version of MBAM to receive definition updates, if you have registered version then have the ID/KEY from the system handy, You should also have an email from Cleverbridge with your ID/KEY purchase information

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs from the Control Panel
  2. Restart your computer (very important)
  3. Download and run mbam-clean.exe
  4. Restart your computer (very important)
  5. Download a fresh copy from here
  6. Disable Antivirus temporarily. Then install MBAM from the newly downloaded copy after completion it will automatically open update window, please allow (current 5012)
  7. Register it with the ID/KEY (in case of registered version)
  8. Enable Antivirus ensuring all recommended exclusions are still in place

My HD was trashed by the MSE virus so I reloaded from clean. OS-XP prof upgrade 2, Anti virus Avast Prof 4.7, spyware blaster 43.3.

Original MB 1.14 but txt record [ back up drive ] shows 1.46. when it crashed So I reloaded my original MB. Do I have to download the upgraded version ?

avast! is now at v5.0.677 and how long is your avast! Prof edition licence good for?

avast! Pro

MBAM is now v1.46