Background Scans and Other

1. This might have been mentioned before, but it would be a good idea to make Malwarebytes update and scan in the background like many AV programs like AVG, Kaspersky etc.

2. This might not be willing to do this (wont hold a grudge if your not) it would be nice to have automatic update and scans for the free version. Its not really needed, but would be nice to have. :)

By the way, Ive used Malwarebytes to clean many of my computers of my friends and family. Its an amazing tool and I highly recommended it on my site and I thank you for it. :)

• Root Admin

The paid program already fully supports your feature request #1

The free version will not include automatic updates and scanning. That is one of the benefits of paying for the program.

Using it to clean friends and family computers is okay, but if you're using it as any type of business that requires a Technicians License for use.

Thanks

malware killer @ 31 Oct 2010, 01:21 GMT:

1. This might have been mentioned before, but it would be a good idea to make Malwarebytes update and scan in the background like many AV programs (...)

AdvancedSetup @ 31 Oct 2010, 01:32 GMT:

The paid program already fully supports your feature request #1 (...)

I use to run update , scan flash and scan quick with the -silent parameter in the command line . What happens is that in slow CPU s like mine (~1.5 MHz) these operations interfere in all other running tasks , as mbam.exe runs with Priority Normal = 8 .

The MBAM "background mode" however could run with lower priority . I have tested running with Priority Bellow Normal = 6 , and everything goes fine (no interference in other tasks) .

So my proposal :

when -silent is used , then mbam.exe would automatically run with Priority = 6 ,

or there would be a new command line parameter for this purpose .

Thanks for your good support/development .