Format recovery

I was just about to suggest running Recuva, but it seems you've beaten me to it. That said, if you've formatted the drive, the files may well be gone forever. However, keep trying with Recuva and hopefully it'll find them buried deep down somewhere. Good luck.

@ Buttons

Do what I do and back up mirror copies on some other Flash Drives, if one goes down, reach for the other. Read an FAQ. on a site with your prob.

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.HTML I did not get a chance to read it in depth at all, scroll down to the 5th DOWNLOAD

EASEUS Deleted File Recovery enables you to recover files that have been accidentally deleted, even after they have been emptied from the recycle bin or were deleted directly from another program. An easy to use 3-step wizard interface guides you through the process of selecting the drive to be scanned and lets you preview and select the files to be recovered. The program supports thumbnail previews for common image formats and hex or text previews for other data types.

Thats as far as I got before I got several Interruptions - never read any further, let me know if it was of any help...regards...

OOPS sorry I just saw this:

The program cannot recover files that have been formatted.

Buttons, in Recuva's main window, select Options... (or Alt+O), then click on the Actions tab and check the following (if they are not already checked, that is):

Show securely overwritten files

Deep Scan (increases scan time)

Scan for non-deleted files (for recovery from damaged or reformatted disks)

With these scanning options enabled, you should be able to find the files you're looking for on your formatted drive. It's not guaranteed, of course - but it's the best chance you've got of recovering them (in Recuva, at least).

Hope this helps.