auto reboot

I just joined and firstly wish to say hello to all.

I haven't had any malaware detected for months until it found one after scanning tonight.

The truth is i fell asleep whilst waiting for the scan to finish and woke up to find that one object so i removed it. When i did the pc retarted automatically and i was just wondering if that's normal.

Thanks,

Simon

Hi Welcome to Malwarebytes! If this box was checked, it will re-start.... if you have any strange issues, or scans pick up something let us know... regards..

I can't seem to find the area in your pic. I have the free version and it starts with scanner..then...protection..update...quarantine.

I looked further into settings but there wasn't a reboot option there.

Here's the threat it found: Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com.url (Rogue.Link) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Simon

Its in the paid version. But we don't know what security software you have? I have Trend Micro Titanium & it automatically reboots after it picks up on a cookie or trojan.... So the Super-Anti-Spware, if it was in Quaratine & you remove it. If you have any problems with your pc - please post back. -- someone will answer you question/issue. regards...

Its in the paid version. But we don't know what security software you have? I have Trend Micro Titanium & it automatically reboots after it picks up on a cookie or trojan.... So the Super-Anti-Spware, if it was in Quaratine & you remove it. If you have any problems with your pc - please post back. -- someone will answer you question/issue. regards...

Hi Again,

I have Avast anti-virus- free version.

I don't know if malwarebytes reboots automatically on the free version but the pc seems to be ok. Thing is i've never has a BSOD with this old pc someone gave me and i was surprised because my other one used to have it regulary. This one is only 256 RAM with only 40GB hard drive.. :)

Paid version you have real time, Free version, its manual, it will re-start after something was in Quaratine and deleted. Not to worry :) Let us know if we can do anything else for you. regards...

Just read your reply now.

Great, thanks for your help and welcoming me here.

Cheers,

Simon

If you don't get the "blue screen of death" :) you should be ok! thats a good sign.... run some AV & Malwarebytes scans.. if your pc is acting normal. your set :)

If something concerns you, post back what is going on? - ask, & someone will answer.... best regards.... cheers :)

EDIT spelling

If you don't get the "blue screen of death" :) you should be ok! thats a good sign.... run some AV & Malwarebytes scans.. if your pc is acting normal. your set :)

If something concerns you, post back what is going on? - ask, & someone will answer.... best regards.... cheers :)

EDIT spelling

Brill, you have a great forum service here. Anyway,all seems fine so i'll be seeing you.

Ciao and thanks again

Simon