New to MBAM - 2 Questions

Hello

I've just discovered MBAM, and having a strong interest in Security I've tried to find test results and reviews, but there isn't much out there yet. Right now I use it (among others) as an on-demand scanner and am considering purchasing and using the active protection. So, two questions:

1. Can it first prevent, or clean if necessary, the nasty XP Antivirus and the Adobe Flash clipboard hijack? Seems that few can. See this:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/arti...e_evil_web.html

2. Not really a question, but an observation. Gmail detected the verification email (after I had registered) as spam. I had to unspam it and reported it as such.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Hello and Welcome to MB

Question 1 - I think it can now block and clean it, but I'll leave it up to Bruce or Marcin to confirm.

Question 2 - Thank you for the feedback. We just moved servers and the IP/DNS information for mail needs to be addressed for some mail systems still.

Thanks again.

Hello and Welcome to MB

Question 1 - I think it can now block and clean it, but I'll leave it up to Bruce or Marcin to confirm.

Question 2 - Thank you for the feedback. We just moved servers and the IP/DNS information for mail needs to be addressed for some mail systems still.

Thanks again.

Glad to be of help. I look forward to more information.....

That antivirus xp 2008 malware can be both removed and prevented by our software . In fact for about 60 days we were just about the only ones on top of it .

Adobe Flash clipboard hijack is more of a problem that HIPS type security should handle . We are working on a solution that will prevent that hijack from connecting to anything though , in 2 versions it should be out .

I don't think there is anyway to know how many are using MBAM. It's popular enough to have been cracked illegally, and had the site attacked via Ddos more than once. Totally crippled us when Download.com listed MBAM in the top ten to get. We moved to new servers strictly for download due to the huge demand for updates.