update acknowledgement

is there some way to get a notice when the update runs as to whether or not it completed. i noticed that the protection log shows 'update completed successfully' sometimes. what happens when there is no update to do?? does the protection log not record this fact??

it looks as tho protection log records the update when there is one available, but not when one is not available.. do you have to assume that when there is no protection log msg, that no update is necessary and that all is well(no errors, etc)..

Hi ! You will get a message. If you go to the update tab, and check for updates, you will see it check for update. When its done, it will say: "the database has been updated from 4940 to 4944" If there are no updates at a time you choose to update, it will say"You have the most current updates" The Logs tab will have the current update version after a scan is done. Does that answer your question? :) Let us know..someone will get back to you... regards...

i was referring to the SCHEDULED update, not manual one.... i noticed all msgs when doing manual, but none on scheduled updates...

MBAM connects to the server on a regular basis if you have scheduled updates enabled. If no update is available i believe it does not get a message from the server so would not show in log.

In the scheduler it reads "Download and install update if available".

is there some way to get a notice when the update runs as to whether or not it completed. i noticed that the protection log shows 'update completed successfully' sometimes. what happens when there is no update to do?? does the protection log not record this fact??

it looks as tho protection log records the update when there is one available, but not when one is not available.. do you have to assume that when there is no protection log msg, that no update is necessary and that all is well(no errors, etc)..

Hi emilemma -

Sorry for the confusion.

If you want visual notification when the update occurs without checking the log, just go to the scheduler and tick the show tooltip balloon after successful update on the update sub-tab.

Note that you cannot edit a schedule task. You will need to delete the existing one and create a new one.

We typically update 3-4 times per day on average. Seems to be a little bit more lately. If no update is available, there will be no notification in the log (unless an error occurs - such as no Internet connectivity) nor will a tooltip be displayed.

As for Flash scan, it will only run after a successful update. If it checks and no update is available, no scan and no log entry.

I think goldhound used the wrong terminology in his reply. That setting is in the Settings -> Updater Settings sub-tab and refers to main program updates, not rules database updates. It will download a new version of the program (if one is available) during the rules update.

Hope that helps.