Has anyone got any ideas what to do?

Hi. I have been running Norton on my laptop but seem to have attracted some sort of virus onto it. In our house, we also have 2 other computers, one running McCafee and one something else and these have also been affected by it... The main symptoms on my cpmputer are as follows:

In Google, when you try and click on a link to a website, about 50% of the time another window opens up which takes you somewhere else - often ending up at epoclick.com, kdirectory.co.uk and googleanalytics are all common but it also goes to a whole host of other sites, some of which are XXX rated. In google, when you click on the link that you want to go to, it opens a new window which initially says things like bestquickfind.co.uk and clicks on firstfound.co.uk and then takes you to the new website address. It always seems to say something else in the address bar before you end up at the final site. And it also seems to only happen on each link once, ie: if I click on the link and it opens up a new window to something spam related, I can close that and then the link appears to work fine?

The other 2 websites that I have noticed affects are AA routeplanner which crashes everytime I use it now and the forums at ten-tenths.com as when i click on a forum topic it often opens another one of these mystery windows.

My computer also keeps crashing now when I start it up and sometimes when you get the Windows screen that you type the password into to get into Windows, the keyboard refuses to type anything into the password box so you have to retstart the computer again and hope that when it starts up you can then type again?

Please let me know if you need anything else?

Hi benny boy and Welcome -

You seem to have several infected computers there -

Please post each one as a single item in the malware removal area if you seek help for more than one computer -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)