AV scanning MBAM modules

running win 7 pro 32 bit AV is KIS 2011; after excluding ALL MBAM modules and drivers from kis 2011, i notice in task mgr that when MBAM is scanning something, KIS

module AVP.EXE is also running. As soon as i pause or stop MBAM tho, the KIS module also stops. i was under the impression that when MBAM mods are excluded from the AV pgm there should be no interaction with the AV pgm. is this 'NORMAL' or am i missing something here. please enlighten me.

thanks

Hi -

The exclusions you add to your Antivirus are so that the A/V will allow your Malwarebytes program to run unhindered -

These are the exclusions you should have added , also note the 2 bottom items for Firewalls and Web filters -

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thank You -

Hi -

The exclusions you add to your Antivirus are so that the A/V will allow your Malwarebytes program to run unhindered -

These are the exclusions you should have added , also note the 2 bottom items for Firewalls and Web filters -

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thank You -

have excluded ALL the listed modules plus the one you added at the bottom, but problem still persists. also notice that when i schedule a scan i am not getting any log file even tho i checked the 'save log file' box on the scheduler. am i doing something wrong?

thanks

The logging issue is a known problem and should be corrected in the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Regarding Kaspersky, you must make certain that you have excluded them under Trusted Applications, making sure to check all 4 checkboxes for each item as detailed here. In particular, mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe and mbamservice.exe.

The logging issue is a known problem and should be corrected in the next version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Regarding Kaspersky, you must make certain that you have excluded them under Trusted Applications, making sure to check all 4 checkboxes for each item as detailed here. In particular, mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe and mbamservice.exe.

i have done ALL of the things mentioned both under 'trusted apps' & 'exclusions'. i'm sorry but the problem still exists..

thanks

Thank you -

That eliminates several problems for now - I can only refer back to the post by exile360 until I come up with something else -

Regards -

thank you for your efforts. if you come up with something, please let me know.

i have double checked all the settings in KIS 2011 and everything seems to be allright. i followed all directions exactly as stated on all the posts.

thanks again

Hi -

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Thank You -

noknojon, i believe the op is running 32 bit and you have supplied 64 bit exclusions

on the logging issue.. even tho i do not get a log with scheduled scans, would there be something to indicate an infection or malware of any kind if there were any present? if i don't receive any kind of notice may i assume that there are no problems with malware?

thanks

No, unfortunately, that's one of the major pitfalls with this particular bug. There would be no indication that an infection was present. If you wish, you can set the option for it to remove any detected threats automatically, or you can set the scans not to run silently.

i can not find option to 'remove threats automatically' in the settings anywhere...

'to run silently', do you mean running not using the scheduler?

thanks

i can not find option to 'remove threats automatically' in the settings anywhere...

'to run silently', do you mean running not using the scheduler?

thanks

p.s. is it possible to use win 7 task scheduler with mbam command parameters to schedule scans & get a report that way?

i would just not schedule any scans with mbam scheduler. also, which set of command parameters is correct.. the ones in the help file or the ones in the FAQ section of forum?

many thanks

p.s. is it possible to use win 7 task scheduler with mbam command parameters to schedule scans & get a report that way?

i would just not schedule any scans with mbam scheduler. also, which set of command parameters is correct.. the ones in the help file or the ones in the FAQ section of forum?

many thanks

sorry bout the addons here..

if i run mbam via win 7 task scheduler using '/runupdate' which updates with no dialog, and '/fullscanterminate' which also shows no dialog,

would i receive some kind of dialog if any problems of any kind existed, or would program just terminate showing nothing??

many thanks

Hi -

the ones in the help file or the ones in the FAQ section of forum?

Please read Section G of the FAQ Area for more information on the IP Module first -

With silent running it still runs the module , scans /updates/blocks , but will not notify you with a "pop up bubble" each time it blocks -

This the help/FAQ for the IP Module - Which other "help file" would you be pointing to ? If you mean Section B , this is more for corporate/advanced support -

Thank You -

Please use the ADD REPLY Tab under the QUOTE Tab so you do not Fully repeat each response -

Hello again :D

The settings are in the scheduler for scans:

• Remove and quarantine all threats automatically. - This setting will have Malwarebytes' remove any infections it finds during the scheduled scan.
  • Perform scheduled scan silently from system account. - This setting makes scans run silently (the program window does not show up during the scheduled scan). This is the setting that currently causes scan logs not to be created by scheduled scans so you'll want this one to be unchecked. The scanner will remain open if any infections are found so that you can remove them.

Please let me know if that clears it up for you or not.

thanks for the clarification... much appreciated...

also noticed that MBAM takes abut two to three minutes to start when i bring up the system. is this 'normal' or maybe something unique to my system, perhaps? i have the 'start with windows' checked obviously..

thanks again.. :)