error code

Hi Marie -

A quick question - Are you running CA Security Antivirus or Firewall -

If not can you please list your Operating system (XP Vista Win7) your Antivirus program and any installed Firewall -

Thank You -

Yes I am. I find it a complete memory hog as well. Comes with Roadrunner. am on a dell Inspiron 600 M that is tiny. I will entertain other options for security at your suggestion. Thanks

Hi again -

That was a fairly good educated guess only , but the problem sounded similar -

I agree it is a drain on many systems and I would use Microsoft Security Essentials or Avira AntiVir as my 2 preferred options (both free) -

First fully delete all the CA and then install Malwarebytes free , then choose your option for Antivirus programs (M.S.E. has a 'live link' in my signature) -

Both the programs i mentioned can auto update daily , but free Malwarebytes requires you to update yourself and run scans only at times when you select -

Our paid version ($29.95 for Lifetime License) will update , scan and block dangerous sites (only if you wish to purchase it) -

Now follow the above directions and install Malwarebytes free first -

Thank You-