McAfee or Norton

Comprev

McAfee or Norton  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmm, do you remember how long ago it was doing that?

2-3 months ago probably. I had Immunet on there for a bit as I was running out of ideas. His pc has been rejecting some of them including avast and avg. He's very picky and doesn't want anything bothering him(popups ect). I try to provide something decent and less interactive. ForiClient is on right now.:D

I definately think that Microsoft Security Essentials is much better than Avast. MSE has better detection rates and uses less system resources.

You are speaking as an avast! user, right?

MSE seems really good, although avast is probably somewhere around it (slightly better or a little bit under). avast! hardly taxes the system, has lightning fast scans. I haven't had any viruses on the computer on which I have avast!, but it blocked me from going to antispyware.com (I am not sure what happened; I was looking at sites about antispyware.com). Paid versions of avast block ID theft and help get rid of spam.

the topic creator is asking what one is better, not if it's the best.

Mcafee sucks at catching threats that other anti-viruses already caught and the other way around.(Mcafee catches a threat that most anti-viruses don't catch)

Also pre-installed Mcafee's usually are buggy and more resources compared to Norton.

Norton isn't the best, but it still is a great anti-virus. Iv'e seen many review's of it and it does pretty good unlike Mcafee.

And I don't get why you guys are saying Norton was better back then, wasn't Norton extremely slow back then?

Personally, IMO, Norton has really come a long way. The 2011 version is nothing like the crappy 2009 version. It's blazing fast and it even has disk defrag or optimization. I have Norton 2011 saved but as of now, I'm using Avast Internet Security. McAffe Is just utter garbage, that's all I have to say.

I tried Kaspersky and let me tell you, updates take forever and it beasts on your Cpu. I have 4 gigs of ram and an Intel Quad Core. My PC is clean as hell and still, the thing is slow. AVG is just plain weak, and Bitdefender 2011 is too complicated and a little slow.

I'd get Norton or Avast if I were you.

Personally, IMO, Norton has really come a long way. The 2011 version is nothing like the crappy 2009 version. It's blazing fast and it even has disk defrag or optimization. I have Norton 2011 saved but as of now, I'm using Avast Internet Security. McAffe Is just utter garbage, that's all I have to say.

I tried Kaspersky and let me tell you, updates take forever and it beasts on your Cpu. I have 4 gigs of ram and an Intel Quad Core. My PC is clean as hell and still, the thing is slow. AVG is just plain weak, and Bitdefender 2011 is too complicated and a little slow.

I'd get Norton or Avast if I were you.

I stopped at NIS 07. Awful as heck. Disk Optimization shouldn't be included in a security product. The job of a security product is to protect your system not speed up your system. I understand a bit on their side, but that's a job for other tools. They should be focusing on newer and better removal and detection technologies. Not old stuff that many free stuff and the operating system does.

KIS 2010 was extremely resource heavy. Disabling the protection fixed the problem, but what is the point of that? None.

avast! free antivirus is superfast and resource light. My netbook is just about as fast as it was before. And it has real-time protection which monitors files ant watches your Internet activities. It is just a bit annoying after you finish a scan or the program auto-updates, because a voice tells you what just happened.

Comprev :)