MBAM Runtime error 372 - help please

You can try combofix. I don't know if it will work that way or not.

You can also try this

Click "Start"> "Run"> type in Regedit tap Enter Key

Make sure "My Computer" is highlighted

Click "Edit"> "Find"

Type in vbmaf096 tap Enter Key.

Right Click on the file if found and select "Delete"

Tap the "F3" Key to find the next entry of the file. Continue using the "F3" Key until it's finished searching.

Close Regedit.

Reboot

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again - I saved Combofix as a renamed file on the infected HDD and tried to run it normally and in safe mode. It failed at 'checking for infected files' stage. Whilst I could access the disc using Explorer I searched for vbmaf096 and it wasn't ther. To be honest I'm at the stage of throwing in the towel and formatting the disc. This thing responds so slowly I'm spending hours each day on it, and to no avail. So please accept my thanks for your tenacity and your support over these long weeks - hopefully you can understand. Besides which, I'll bet you are sick to the back teeth of this one!!

Thanks again.

Steve :-)

Hi again - I saved Combofix as a renamed file on the infected HDD and tried to run it normally and in safe mode. It failed at 'checking for infected files' stage. Whilst I could access the disc using Explorer I searched for vbmaf096 and it wasn't ther. To be honest I'm at the stage of throwing in the towel and formatting the disc. This thing responds so slowly I'm spending hours each day on it, and to no avail. So please accept my thanks for your tenacity and your support over these long weeks - hopefully you can understand. Besides which, I'll bet you are sick to the back teeth of this one!!

Thanks again.

Steve :-)

If it were my PC, I would have shot it along time ago.

Reformat and new install is the way to go.

You're more than welcome.

Glad we were able to help

Peace be with you wavey.gif

Glad we could help. :D

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!