malwarebytes pro version

Yes you can run Malwarebytes with other Anti-Virus programs, provided you add exclusions in your Anti-Virus software of your choice.

BTW Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus software, it is an Anti-Malware software. It is designed to work hand in hand with your anti-virus software catching things that your anti-virus software misses or can't detect. It is recommended that you run both an anti-virus software as well as an anti-malware program of your choice, together with a good firewall to be fully protected. Be advised that not all programs are 100% accurate.

If you need help with exclusions let us know.

Also be sure you only run ONE anti-virus program at a time.

Welcome to Malwarebytes! Malwarebytes will run fine in real-time with Avira, or Avast, kaspersky (you may have to exclude some files?) any help you may need someone will be glad to answer your questions... regards..

let me make sure i understand the process here: i can run avast and malwarebytes at the same time, both with real time protection turned on in both pgms.

to do this i need to put exclusions in avast for all the 'mbam' modules(mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe, etc). maybe good idea to exclude all avast modules in malwarebytes also?

this will not cause any hangups, bsods or cpu freezes, etc?

thanks for the help!!

p.s. i'm in maricopa county yardbird

Yes you can run an AV scanner in real time, and Malwarebytes also. [just don't scan both AV & Malwarebytes at the same time on a manual scan] As for the exclusions, you shouldn't have any problems, --- if you do need them you only want to trust Malwarebytes files in your AV. Post back if you need more help.....regards..

Post back your Operating system, and we'll look up the files you need your AV to trust from Malwarebytes. I've run Avast & Avira without using any exclusions

running windows 7 pro 32 bit. av is avast 5 pro version, may use kaspersky in the future. firewall is latest comodo version

thanks again!!

If you need them here are the files for your Malwarebytes to trust in your AV:

For Windows Vista and Windows 7

:CODE

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

firewall is latest comodo version
you may need some help with comodo? Post back should there be any issues, best regards... :)