Inbox - Microsoft Outlook

shorty89

Greetings ! did you try Tools then Options and check all your tabs! Then Tools again drop down to Accounts double click on your email account Check all that your ISP requires for your settings, your ISP can help you set it up. There should be five tabs in there to check. EDIT: I'm guessing you have XP.

So it would help us if you post back your OS, Anti-Virus, Firewall, make sure your the admin of the account, any other security programs. What also was the last thing you recall before this issue happened? someone will help you.. regards...

@ shorty89

Were you on Facebook? From the above post. If you want to be checked out in Malware Removal, follow this:

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.
  • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

@ shorty89

Well you posted logs in the HJK forum, and you got a reply, You can finish in the HJK forum, and come out clean. Or let the HJK helper know you want to close the topic! Thats why if your in the HJK forum, the experts say your not supposed to post outside of it until your done in HJK. rules of the forum I didn't make them...

Your always welcome to post out here, when your done in there. Since you started & have logs there, might be a good idea to finish - so you know your pc is clean...

then come out here and as I say: and post your 2 cents will listen & try to help... good luck, regards :)

name='LDTate' date='Oct 19 2010, 03:17 PM' post='329982'

Here's my usual all clean post

Log looks good

I can't help with the Outlook issue, I have no clue.

Go and check it out i was given the all clear and he told me he had no idea how to help me.

Dose this mean someone can help me now?

Question:

I'm having a problem with my Inbox-Microsoft Outlook

When I click on a hyperlink I receive in an e-mail I get an error message saying: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on your computer. Please contact your system administrator." First off I am system administrator and second one day it just started doing this and I never changed any settings. I tried to check the settings but so far I can

Try this link: http://www.justanswer.com/new-question/opt...x?tqid=71976139

Its a Microsoft answer link, a chat window opened and asked what the problem was. ? When I got back it closed

Its from: "Ask Microsoft Support Now" they have to service/support there OE... if you get a fix. Stop by and let us know please.

Also keep an eye here, another user may post... regards..

EDIT Don't go to the site above, when the chat window opened again, I typed in your issue. They want $38.00

I'm having a problem with my Inbox-Microsoft Outlook

When I click on a hyperlink I receive in an e-mail I get an error message saying: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on your computer. Please contact your system administrator."

The message may refer to your ISP rather than the admin of your computer -

I would also call them as well as posting to the link left by yardbird -

Thanks -

@ shorty89

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.a...ect=1&sd=gn

This is the free MS help site above, If you go there, Click on Windows Vista (home - basic, ect) When the 2nd page loads, put Other since I don't see a choice for mail,

Then Continue Then I cannot get past this screenshot.... below if you meet the requirments, it should be free help... Let us know please.... regards....

Were getting closer: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums...23-f56a89c75a30 if you can't find your answer you can post your issue !!! Note free account,

Topic above is: the operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer

EDIT Typing in shorty's issues word for word, came back with another user with the same issue, a system restore was advised by a senior moderator at MS forums.

or a re-install of vista, this was dated 19 days ago.....

SUCCESS! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

Yardbird I went to the social.answers.microsoft forum you posted the link to and read through and low and be hold it was a pretty simple fix. I just needed to go in and change the HTM/HTML association in the registry. The problem occurred when I uninstalled Google Chrome (forever ago). Uninstalling Firefox will cause the same problem.

Yardbird and Noknojon thank you SO much! This problem really was driving me crazy. I have to admit I was frustrated when you guys turned me down in the beginning but I understand why. I