MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12007,0, WinHttpSendRequest)

Hello,

I saw that there was another post of a similar note, but I believe my issue is different. My g/f's computer has Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware software and got the "MBAM ERROR UPDATING (12007,0, WinHttpSendRequest)" error when attempting to update. I also have the software installed, and receive no such error (I can successfully update). Since I can update, and we're on the same wireless network, that leads me to believe that there is no problem with the router, but maybe I am wrong? I don't really know much about routers and modems...

1.OS version including 32/64-bit - hers is windows XP 32 bit, mine is windows 7 home 64 bit

2.Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall - Not sure- I think AVG free and default windows firewall

3.MBAM version (current 1.46) - 1.46 on both

4.Definition version (current 4793) - not sure

5.Connection mode to Internet i.e. any router involved or directly through modem - connect into a linksys wireless router to cable modem

Happy to provide more info - but not sure where to look for it. Thanks in advance!

-Alex

Hi -

For the XP try this quick fix first - Log out first -

1. Reset the IP/DNS settings of your interent connection:

• Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Double click on Network Connections.
  • Right click on your default connection (usually Local Area Connection or Wireless Network Connection) and select Properties.
  • Select the General tab.
  • Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
    ?Under General tab:
  • Select "Obtain an IP address automatically".
  • Select "Obtain DNS server address automatically".
  • Click OK twice to save the settings.
  • Reboot if you had to change any setting.

2. Flush the DNS cache:

• Click the Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
  • Click on Run or press Windows Logo+R
  • In the command window copy/paste the following:
    ipconfig /flushdns

• Then hit enter.
  • Exit the command window.

3. Retry to update :

This will only work for the XP as Win7 is not quite the same - Also read the item below from Haider -

Thanks -

Thanks Haider and Noknjon-

I did connect the computer directly to the modem and saw the same error. I was running it in safe mode however, and didn't check to make sure it was connected to the internet... I'll have to check it tomorrow.

Haider- we're running the free version of the software.

Noknojon- we'll try your solution tomorrow.

Thanks both for such a quick reply!!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi again -

After re-reading all the information it seems that you may have an infection on that computer -

Can you please follow the directions below and repost as directed - Our experts will review your system and remove any infections (free service) -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)