minor annoyance, mbam is already running

Hello tommarnk: :)

Are you having Full/PRO version of MBAM? If so it provides you real-time protection i.e. as soon as your system is out of sleep mode MBAM is active in background providing protection!

By the way this pops automatically or are you doing something to GUI at that time? Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

@Haider:

My point is that something in the image in the OP's post on this thread is triggering an IP block warning from MBAM. The image doesn't load because Malwarebytes is blocking it. I think that is cause for concern, especially for people reading this thread that don't have real time protection. Are you not getting this warning as well? My Opera browser shows a request to connect to i.imgur.com while Malwarebytes blocks it.

@Haider:

My point is that something in the image in the OP's post on this thread is triggering an IP block warning from MBAM. The image doesn't load because Malwarebytes is blocking it. I think that is cause for concern, especially for people reading this thread that don't have real time protection. Are you not getting this warning as well? My Opera browser shows a request to connect to i.imgur.com while Malwarebytes blocks it.

I get the same IP block

Guest garybear

I just clicked on this thread and got these!!

03:01:30 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

03:01:30 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

03:01:50 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

03:01:59 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

04:01:36 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

04:01:36 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

04:01:56 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

04:02:06 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

05:01:32 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

05:01:32 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

05:01:52 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

05:02:02 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

07:01:31 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

07:01:31 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

07:01:51 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

07:02:00 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

09:01:29 Owner MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully

09:01:30 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection stopped

09:01:49 Owner MESSAGE Database updated successfully

09:01:59 Owner MESSAGE IP Protection started successfully

10:33:13 Owner IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

10:33:15 Owner IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

10:33:22 Owner IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=...b353df19b06cafa

Yeh I just got an IP block too... presumably on the picture that the original poster posted.

IPs:

11:38:54 IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

11:38:57 IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

11:39:03 IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

11:39:06 IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

11:39:09 IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

11:39:14 IP-BLOCK 69.10.38.244

And got them again after I hit the Submit Post button. So without being able to see the picture, unfortunately I can't help, and I am certainly not disabling my IP protection.

Guest garybear

This is a spammer!!!

Sorry. I never saw this before, and it looked serious. Sorry Tommarnk. I have sent you a PM. I was afraid it was causing members serious problems. I'm very sorry!! I didn't want members clicking on your screeshot because MBAM was saying it was malicious.

Edited to change a mistake!!

I googled i.imgur.com (using Firefox, which I have WOT installed on) and it's just an image hosting site. WOT said it was safe, so I clicked on it to see if MWB would block it, and it didn't. So I'm not sure what is being blocked with that image file on this post.

Perhaps the OP could remove the image from the post (and he might also want to look at why his post is generating a malicious IP block in the first place). It doesn't look like the image hosting site is the problem anyway.

And re the original topic--maybe MWB tries to update right away as soon as the computer comes out of sleep mode? That is if he's running MWB Pro and has it set to automatically update? (I do mine manually, so I don't know what would happen coming out of sleep mode if I had it set to auto.)

Guest garybear

Someone needs to get together. This is a malicious thread. It's directing people to a website when you click on it. I don't know what happens if your not running MBAM in real time ?????????? Maybe not serious ,but annoying for sure!!

Edited to clean up language!!

@Yokenny1

Yes, I didn't think tommarnk was a spammer either. He's been a member for well over a year now.

I googled techpowerup on Firefox, and WOT is also giving it a green ring, although I didn't go to the website. I see there's a .com (related to gaming) and then the .org, which is also an image hosting site. Also given the green ring by WOT, but it's not as bright as the .com green ring. :)

Guest garybear
Its from
http://img.techpowerup.org/101017/running.png

tommarnk is not a spammer and is a New Member.

Hi I'm sorry for my reply. I just saw that the person was new and not many posts. I over reacted. I'm sorry. It looked like a malicious website. I will be more careful in the future. I'm learning and I make mistakes. A PM is on the way to that member. I just didn't know why a thread would cause this reaction from MBAM. I have never saw that before. I'm sorry!!

well, am not a spammer, and the problem is a genuine one

the problem is "i get already running dialog" when resuming from sleep

i dont know that you guys are crazy about, but TechPowerUp is a big tech site, and i do not use the MBAM Pro IP blocker, why? blocks on sites that *might* be spam

And I get MBAM blocking a potentially malicious when I click on this thread...IP 69.10.38.244.

I did an IP check on this , it seems to have several related ?? bad links in it -

Welcome back tommarnk , I know you are OK , and are just concerned - Looking into it for you -

EDIT -

The page just froze at this stage - I would not let it go any further -

Guest garybear

Hi tommarnk!!

I'm sure noknojon will solve all this. I sent you a PM saying I was sorry about the spam thing. Please do not blame the other members for being concerned about what was happening when they clicked on your topic, and got the warning this was a malicious website. I may have over reacted , but we were all concerned. This is the first time this ever happened on any forum for me. Your image was blocked from me, so I never clicked on it. I was afraid that the image was live for others and wanted to warn them not to click on it. I have been accused of scaring our members. I'm not sorry about that. I will take the heat for that. I have said I'm sorry for saying spammer I have sent you a PM, and apologized on the forum. That's all I can do friend!! PS I also get that pop up Malwarebytes is already running. It doesn't bother me and I have never investigated it The next time it happens I will try to see what's going on. Lets just let noknojon solve this. I'm sure he will accomplish this.