Malwarebytes crash in mid-scan

I have been a user of Malwarebytes for a while now, and have never encountered this particular occurrence. I will begin a full scan on my C: drive and it will work normally until it reaches a specific file on my PC, which is:

C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\SkinGlass\Top\Images\DrawerBackground2\T_MB_single.png

When this file is reached, a system-wide failure occurs without error messages or prompts of an error occurring... my PC just simply locks up in it's current state until I restart the computer using the "Hold-Button" method.

Could it be that this file is corrupt, or infected to the point that it is irreparable?

Any help at all in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hello soad_fan: :)

Sorry to hear that you are having problem with MBAM. Please provide following details, someone will help you:

1. OS version including 32/64-bit with system locale
  2. Installed Security Product(s) including Firewall
  3. MBAM version (current 1.46)
  4. Definition version (current 4855)

Please do one more attempt of Quick Scan and Full Scan with (Heuristics Shuriken Disabled) after definition update

1. Click on Settings
  2. Click on Scanner Settings
  3. Uncheck Enable advanced heuristics engine (Heuristics Shuriken)

Please post back using MXyBj.png button

What version of AVG are you using (not free or pro, but like Version 8.5, 9, or 2011 for example)?

Have you entered exceptions for Malwarebytes in your AVG program?

Also BTW, you really only need to run a Quick Scan as that will catch most all malware......

I currently use AVG version 9.0.862

And I have just added an exception for Malwarebytes.

However, I find it odd that if AVG were the catalyst, why it would block MBAM now and not the countless times I've used it.

could have been an update to your AVG that caused it......

BTW, Malwarebytes and AVG version 10.0.1136 has a known conflict that we have not been able to issolate so do not update to it yet.....

Let me know if that helped?

It still catches on that file when I scan...

Could it be possible that MBAM is having problems with some of my software or something?

Also, are there any programs that I can run that will detect what the problem is, since MBAM is having a little trouble?