A Test Page -

noknojon

That's what I was going to suggest too, Firefox. :)

That's pretty much what I do too, or edit an old post of mine to test, then remove the test from that old post when I am finished.

We could also just edit the post ourselves and only leave a blank 'reply space' to be cleaned off -

This came from a few of the other sites I use - Even MysteryFCM has a test page on his site (cleaned out every week due to lower usage) -

I think Bleep Comps have a similar item at the bottom of their forum -

Tests and Scribbles

Ever wonder what a particular BBCode tag does? Or if you can use every single formatting tag on a single word?

This is the B.Comp Test Page -

I've seen this utilized at many other sites especially sites that are training schools like B.C

good suggestion :)

Intresting idea......

I just create or reply to a topic, and do a preview, once I see its the way I want it, I copy it to my computer but never post it on the test reply....

Hope that makes sence.....

that works great too and sometimes its more convenient but its not available if your trying to copy from a locked topic

@sho-dan I tried that program you mentioned, FASS 0.8, its nice and is a good alternative.....

I tried one of my canned speeches on it and did a preview, it showed my bold test but not the colors? Do you experience that?

Also once you click preview, is there a way of going back to make more changes?

I sent this to myself in a PM last month.... and the scan was clean :)

STEP 03

Please download to your Desktop: Dr.Web CureIt

• After the file has downloaded, disable your current Anti-Virus and disconnect from the Internet
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file, then click the Start button, then the OK button to perform an Express Scan.
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click on the Complete scan radio button.
  • Then click on the Settings menu on top, the select Change Settings or press the F9 key. You can also change the Language
  • Choose the Scanning tab and I recomend leaving the Heuristic analysis enabled (this can lead to False Positives though)
  • On the File types tab ensure you select All files
  • Click on the Actions tab and set the following:
    • Objects Infected objects = Cure, Incurable objects = Move, Suspicious objects = Report
    • Infected packages Archive = Move, E-mails = Report, Containers = Move
    • Malware Adware = Move, Dialers = Move, Jokes = Move, Riskware = Move, Hacktools = Move
    • Do not change the Rename extension - default is: #??
    • Leave the default save path for Moved files here: %USERPROFILE%\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\
    • Leave prompt on Action checked

[*]On the Log file tab leave the Log to file checked.

[*]Leave the log file path alone: %USERPROFILE%\DoctorWeb\CureIt.log

[*]Log mode = Append

[*]Encoding = ANSI

[*]Details Leave Names of file packers and Statistics checked.

[*]Limit log file size = 2048 KB and leave the check mark on the Maximum log file size.

[*]On the General tab leave the Scan Priority on High

[*]Click the Apply button at the bottom, and then the OK button.

[*]On the right side under the Dr Web Anti-Virus Logo you will see 3 little buttons. Click the left VCR style Start button.

[*]In this mode it will scan Boot sectors of all disks, All removable media, and all local drives

[*]The more files and folders you have the longer the scan will take. On large drives it can take hours to complete.

[*]When the Cure option is selected, an additional context menu will open. Select the necessary action of the program, if the curing fails.

[*]Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the files.

[*]This will move it to the %USERPROFILE%\DoctorWeb\Quarantine\ folder if it can't be cured. (in this case we need samples)

[*]After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list

[*]Save the report to your Desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv

[*]Close Dr.Web Cureit.

[*]Reboot your computer!! Because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.

[*]After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web you saved previously to your Desktop in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.

drweb.jpg

@sho-dan I tried that program you mentioned, FASS 0.8, its nice and is a good alternative.....

I tried one of my canned speeches on it and did a preview, it showed my bold test but not the colors? Do you experience that?

Also once you click preview, is there a way of going back to make more changes?

@Firefox:

The problem with FASS and color is (and size) is MBAM Forum uses hex code color (such as ) instead of that FASS uses. Same problem with Font size. MBAM uses HTML size expression instead of like FASS..

~Shy

The problem with FASS and color is (and size) is MBAM Forum uses hex code color (such as ) instead of that FASS uses. Same problem with Font size. MBAM uses HTML size expression instead of like FASS..(;;;;;;:)

~Shy

I usually type Red or Blue or Green [/ color] or since size=2 is our forum basic , and only use the other items to be a bit quicker -

This is mostly when testing or using Fast Reply Tab - At least I know the basic color and size I am getting -