Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Cannot Open MBAM, Run-time Errors Plus

My problem is like Terranaut's Oct 6 02:20 PM in the errors I get.

I have Vista Home Premium & McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7i.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do the exclusions you recommend first.

The trojan, or whatever, I have won't let me access the Internet to download MBAM_440_Fix.zip..

..but I downloaded it using another computer on my local network..

..but when I try to open it, it says that the zip file is invalid.

(& same for the 2nd time I downloaded it)

In case it helps, the site it takes me to if I say activate my virus protection is antispyroad.net

The trojan, or whatever, I have won't let me access the Internet to download MBAM_440_Fix.zip..

..but I downloaded it using another computer on my local network..

..but when I try to open it, it says that the zip file is invalid.

(& same for the 2nd time I downloaded it)

In case it helps, the site it takes me to if I say activate my virus protection is antispyroad.net

looks like you may have been infected, malware will block & disable many of the removal products/tools & disable anti-virus software in an attempt to protect itself

please follow All the instructions below and an Expert will assist you

• Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • Then post a NEW topic here.
    One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic

and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
  • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Additionally

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via this help desk link Here -

Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further

If you're a Corporate or Technician Licensed customer seeking assistance:

Please send an email to Corporate Support Team <corporate-support@malwarebytes.org> with your Cleverbridge order reference number and they will assist you.

@ PMH232

Please note that antispyroad.net is an infection site - My WOT has prevented me from entering and displays a large RED warning -

Follow the instructions from wildman424 as soon as you can - You are infected now -

Also note that there is no MBAM_440_Fix.zip.. that I can find ???? This is a Rogue Infection -

Thank You -

The MBAM_440_fix does exist...... If you are having problems downloading the file and can not open it, just copy the code below into notepad and then save the file as mbam_440_fix.bat.

Once you save the file double click it and let it run. It will delete the file once it is done.

@echo off
if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"
if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"
del /f /q %0

Thank you all.

(I hope that my conclusion is correct that my posting a reply to this now is not going to dissuade Experts(*) from helping me; I checked, and the posts count was already 3.)

(*: It's not completely clear what constitutes an Expert, but it seems very likely that Firefox is.)

some comments:

MBAM won't be able to update itself, since the trojan is keeping me from accessing the Internet.

I may well not be able to run MBAM.

I've been using file sharing on our local network to get files from the Internet. Am I risking infecting the other machine?

(The problems unzipping that file happened on the non-infected machine.)

(I used the name "MBAM_440_Fix.zip" instead of how it was named in the web page bec. I couldn't tell whether there were underbars in the latter, & that's the name that the file that ended up on my machine had.)

Thanks for the code for that, but the trojan may not let me run a bat file.

Re antispyroad.net is an infection site : I'm not going there voluntarily.

You guys are great!

Ok since you are infected (most likely) you will have to seek help from the experts. ALSO yes using file sharing programs will run a great risk of getting infected. Its not a matter of can I get infected, but as when you will get infected.

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button instead of other ones when you start replying. :welcome:

• Administrators - in charge of running the site and handling maintenance and all of the day-to-day operations.
    They can be contacted at any time by PM with issues regarding the site or Malwarebytes'.
  • Moderators - moderates and helps the Administrators with running the site.
    They also make sure the Forum rules are followed and respond to HJT Logs.
  • Experts - experts in removing Malware and fighting the bad guys.
    They take on the HJT Logs in the HJT Log Forum as well, and some of them are programmers who make tools used to remove Malware.
  • Trusted Advisor - those who are trained in Malware removal in the Anti-Malware community and can be trusted to provide you with safe removal of Malware.

FYI

the instructions Firefox gave you in Post 6 are the same exact instructions I gave you to start with in Post 2

Once you hint that you have an infection we'll suppose to send you to the Malware Removal Forum so an expert can assist you

wildman424,

Please don't take offense; I was not ignoring you; it's just that it took me a long time to get to following your instructions, during which I communicated more here, & so got the post from Firefox.

This morning, I:

• undid the sharing that I was using on my uninfected computer
    (to get around my not being able to connect to the internet and not having a (normal(*)) flash drive)
    (bec I didn't want to infect that computer)
    (I didn't!)
    tried to use my (*: secure flash drive) on my infected machine - but couldn't, bec. it has to run Java to let me log in to it)
    whined
    went to your recovery section, &, since I didn't know which I was infected with, just looked at the first one
    get the Aha! that I should try installing MBAM in Safe Mode
    did
    ran it
    it found 3
    removed them
    rebooted

:

fixed!

THANK YOU ALL!

not to learn more about how to protect myself better...

Hello PMH232:

Did you run the scan in Safe Mode? Please be aware MBAM is designed to work effectively in Normal Mode. If not done yet please update (current 4851) and run a Quick Scan in Normal Mode

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Thank you. I hadn't, but now I have (no new detections).

my apologizes to you PMH232 I was cranky that day & I've been too busy to follow up on this thread so they jumped in to help you

Malwarebytes probably got it all but I still recommend a quick follow up with the Experts to make sure you got it all at least let them review your logs created from the directions here then you'll know for sure :lol: