Rogue.Link found

Hello Rilla927: :(

Not directly, it must be trying to download something. Please update database (current 4820), run a Quick Scan, you are set if result comes out clean, otherwise please Copy/Paste the log for further assistance. To be on the safe side please run a scan with your AV also

Yes, I'm using Emsisoft AntiMalware 5. This explains what's been going on for the last week and half.

I just re-installed windows Vista a week and a half ago and my AV found a trojan and supposedly deleted it. I re-scanned and it didn't show up. F-Secure online scanner says I have a infected file called W32/Malware!Gemini a long with 4 other files it said was infected but those were FP's. It flagged zoned out and my A2service for my AV.

When I installed windows I setup all my browsers and my inbound, outbound rules for the firewall, AV and then I connected to the net. So I have been trying to figure out how can I get infected when I had set everything up prior to connecting to the net. I imported my bookmarks that had that bad link. So I have my answer. I would have never thought of it. I just happened to spot that stupid link and deleted it and then ran MBAM and there it was.

Thank you for your time.

Hello Rilla927:

Just a clarification Experts would deal with you case, as we don't deal removal in this section of forum. Please read and follow the instructions in when you are ready to utilize services of Experts at no charge I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

I just wanted to step in here for a minute.....

You can have links and actual malware or viruses in a folder for example, just sitting there, and not get infected. The way you get infected is if you physically click on the link or the virus itself to activate them. Just having the bookmark would not necessarily infect you unless you clicked on it. You may have visited a site that put that bookmark there automatically hoping that you would find it one day and click on it.

Now there are websites that you could visit, that have java scripts and the like in them, that you would not have to do anything but visit the page, and it would infect you.

So best course of action is to have a good updated anti-virus program, a good malware program (like Malwarebytes Pro) and a good firewall configured correctly.