"Enable protection" keeps unchecking itself (paid ver)

:o I had this problem at v1.2x, never got fixed then, though you all tried to help, so gave up on it.

I'm asking again now that we are are 1.46, and it still happens.

I have new Firewall and anti-v since then, and like then, am "Excluding" the 3 active apps of MBam.

mban.exe, mbamguji.exe, and mbamservice.exe

And mbamservice.exe is set to auto in Services.msc.

Thanks

I had this problem at v1.2x

The version you quoted is over 2 years old - Do you have a current version with current updates ?

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :o

Do you have any programs that may be restoring/backing up the registry each time you boot, for example, do you have ERUNT set to do so or do you have NTREGOPT set to run at boot?

If not, do you use any program that monitors startups such as WinPatrol or TeaTimer, which is a component of Spybot Search & Destroy?

If the answer to any of the above was yes, then you should temporarily disable the one(s) that apply and try having Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware run at startup again to see if it now works.

If the answer to all of the above is no, then the most likely suspect would be your firewall if it contains any sort of HIPS component that monitors your system for any changes, in which case you'd need to go through its settings to allow the startup to be set by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run.