Why to use MBAM?

Hi,

I try to encourage people to use MBAM. However, some techie people that don't know much about anti-viruses but know alot about pc's say that you don't need MBAM. They usually think that you only need an anti-virus and thats it. Could you guys tell me some reasons that I can convince them? And some of them never even used MBAM but know it's a anti-malware app and thats the only thing they know about it. They start saying that u don't need MBAM when they never even tested it!

I know that I can say that MBAM is a anti-malware application and an anti-virus is different.

But they think that anti-viruses have a build in anti-malware so there is no use for MBAM ( although MBAM catches things that most anti-viruses don't catch)... :o

I know that I can just send them this link and they can read it but they won't care... http://malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

I could also say that 95% of all malware removal sites will tell you to run MBAM which could be something I can say to them.

Anyways, can u guys just tell me good reasons to tell to those tech's and other people?

MBAM is free for home, non-commercial users. That is without the active protection. A license must be purcahsed to have the real-time monitor protection.

Technicians need a technician's license.

Corporate license is needed in corporate or organization settings.

While an antivirus is a must to have installed on a system, for the past several years it has been also necessary to have added protection from malwares (eg, those crud that technically don't fit as "virus" and which are not covered by traditional AV).

For the past several years, MBAM has been the "de rigeur" best at finding and removing the most prevalent current malware.

In my opinion and those of many, many colleagues, it is one we always count on.

Mind you, MBAM alone does not catch everything. No one product does that.

If an AV product also has an anti-malware component (and not all of them do), then there's a less pressing need for having MBAM, which then could be used as a supplement on-demand scanner.

As to

But they think that anti-viruses have a build in anti-malware so there is no use for MBAM

No, not all AV have built in anti-malware.

NO, I would not suggest sending PM's to anyone asking about all this.

I would suggest though, IDKWatMNShouldBe, that your "techie" acquaintances are not current with their knowledge. Especially given if they have not tried MBAM.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

• 2 weeks later...
I would suggest though, IDKWatMNShouldBe, that your "techie" acquaintances are not current with their knowledge. Especially given if they have not tried MBAM.

they are my brothers friends. and they just go to them incase other then going to a pc shop. they actually do know alot, but not in malware and anti-viruses...