do panda av 2011 and malwarebytes conflict?

hi everyone just a simple question i have installed panda av 2011 and panda asked it detected malwarebytes and asked to remove it before it would install so i removed for the momment now panda is up and running , can i reinstall malwarebytes ? are there any conflicts? because i feel more secure if i could keep these two together as a layered security i only run malwarebytes on demand ..any info would be helpful,, thanks... B)

Hi, waver1:

With some security programs, you need to uninstall programs like MBAM before you install them.

Then, once the security program is installed, you can reinstall MBAM, setting the MBAM program exclusions in the AV and FW, as needed.

Once you do that, you can usually run MBAM (even with the protection module enabled) alongside the security suite, as intended.

I have generally found that to be the case with McAfee, Kaspersky and Webroot.

Not sure if that's the case with Panda, or not.

So, we'll see what the more expert folks say.

Regards,

daledoc1

I have generally found that to be the case with McAfee, Kaspersky and Webroot.

True - Some (like CA Security and now AVG 2011) seem to want to prevent other security programs from running -

With 99% of them there is a way of reinstalling Malwarebytes after you have the A/V installed -

Still working on AVG 2011 though -

What is your OS? and will give you a list of exclusions, just in case. It can't hurt. Lots of AV companies say they will not work together!

EDIT we never had an issue with Panda in our forums or by our members

Hi yardbird, my os is xp sp3 fully updated ,,, this is why i love malwarebytes the support forum is outstanding,, thank u guys for responding quickly, yardbird, daledoc1,,,noknojon,,

XP SP3 Ok thanks In your Panda software for files to be trusted you would install these:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

That should do it.. you may want to browse this topic if you change your AV.. Post back and let us know how things go please...regards... :)

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

XP SP3 Ok thanks In your Panda software for files to be trusted you would install these:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

That should do it.. you may want to browse this topic if you change your AV.. Post back and let us know how things go please...regards... :)

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

all entries complete and thanks for your help...