INFO about technical data

Good evening MBAM Forum, I have read here about slow performance, but I'm back to ask you information (maybe) related.

MBAM:

• Professional version 1.46
  • disabled only: show informative message when a website is blocked harmful
  • update in realtime every 5 minutes

PC - SOFWARE:

• P4 3200 Mh
  • 1024 mb DDR SDRAM
  • HD IDE 2,5 5400 rpm
  • XP Professional
  • FW: Online Armor Free Version
  • AV: AVIRA AniVir 10 PE

MY QUESTIONS

1. is it possible close all processes about MBAM (NO right click-End this process because is dangerous) in safe mode?

(when I kill the 2 processes MBAM goes to problems at reboot)

2. are there software that go into conflicted?

3. I close MBAM with "Exit" from Traybar: why it it does not stay open on the clock?

THANKS in advance for your cooperation,

remember that in Italy we love you, clap-clap! :(

Hello -

Just a few answers to some of the questions you have asked -

There is a full FAQ section HERE that lists much information on the program and the IP Module (section G) -

I find that you only need to set your updates to about every hour not 5 mins , as the program is updated about 5-7 times per day , on average -

Have you added these exclusions to your anti virus and your firewall - This can slow your response if you have not done this -

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link with other problems -

These are the first steps to take - Someone may answer more of these questions soon -

Thank You -

ood evening MBAM, thanks for reply:

There is a full FAQ section HERE that lists much information on the program and the IP Module (section G)

I read FAQ but no[/u ]answers to my questions 1 and 3:

1. close all MBAM's processes (same thing as backgrond security software).

3. (Try to make you) from traybar right click-Exit and MBAM at new opening doesn' stay on clock: is MBAM 's prerogative?

------

MBAM's exclusions added on Avira and Online Armor.

------

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link with other problems -

These are the first steps to take - Someone may answer more of these questions soon -

Thank You

:) I don't understand:

"make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site: "

??? Please explainme in simple english in various points:

1. open...

2. check....

Hi -

The item Web Filter occurs in several programs and will sometimes prevent you from getting updates from this site -

If your program is updating OK then you ignore this item - Only a few A/virus and firewall programs use this item -

It is added as a standard line for exclusions -

The item Web Filter occurs in several programs and will sometimes prevent you from getting updates from this site -

If your program is updating OK then you ignore this item.

Ahh updates.... It's ok, never problems!

curiosity: related to exclusions of files Avira/Online Armor: what's the advantage?

For more information can you please contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link as I am not fully sure of your problem "processes" and "exit-traybar".

I hope in safe mode, but I'm sure on normal Desktop.

For "exit" problem I ask to support.

Thanke you for replies, MBAM gg! :)

The real advantage of adding exclusions is they work together in real-time without any conflicts.

Ok ok, performance/No conflicts.

As far as Exit I really didn't understand what are you exactly pointing towards?

1. It relates only to the PROFESSIONAL version, FREE version doesn't stay in traybar because without real time defence

2. when you use "right click-Exit" from MBAM icon (clock zone), you can reopen it for updates, scan, etc, but MBAM does not remain on traybar

3. you must reboot PC

If I am understanding it correctly, you just want to hide/unhide System Try icon?

No no, nothing about hide/unhide (you are speaking about Windows properties hide files):

1. I speak only of MBAM's actions

2. if you get out from MBAM with "right mouse-Exit" or with classic "X" of corner windows

3. MBAM icon traybar there isn't

4. you must reboot PC

With FREE VERSION you can not have MBAM on traybar: you open it only for updates/scan.

Hi -

I have been reading this item several times now - There seems to be a problem with the version of the program you have installed - This may be why we have not been able to give you a better answer so far - Please start with a fresh new copy of the program and we will see if these problems go away -

Please check that your updates are OK - It should be about Update Version 4796 -

Keep your ID and Key (registration) for the program in Notepad (or similar) so that you can copy/paste them back when you reinstall -

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Thank You - :(

I know we are having some problem understanding the exact troubles you are having , but please stay with us as we are only trying to help you -

We will solve the problem as soon as we fully understand - We are not having these problems , so we are trying to create the problem and then solve it -

No no, nothing about hide/unhide (you are speaking about Windows properties hide files):

No I am not talking about Windows, I am referring to MBAM icon in System Tray near the Clock

1. I speak only of MBAM's actions

So am I

2. if you get out from MBAM with "right mouse-Exit" or with classic "X" of corner windows

If you are using right-click exit on the System Tray icon you are exiting the program and stopping the real-time protection, however, if the GUI is open and you close it with X on top right corner, only the GUI will close i.e. real-time protection will still be available

3. MBAM icon traybar there isn't

Yes if you used right-click exit then the icon won't be there and so would be the real-time protection

4. you must reboot PC

No, you don't need a reboot, just double-click on the Desktop shortcut

With FREE VERSION you can not have MBAM on traybar: you open it only for updates/scan.

Because free version doesn't provide real-time protection, it is rather on-demand scanner. The tray icon is an indication that real-time protection is ON it also implies that this is a PRO/Registered version

Hope this explains everything otherwise please follow Post #12 by noknojon. Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Thank you!

I reinstalled it, now it's ok!

(strange :) ... but it goes! :))

This action is inconvenient, but it is a new thing that I learned: THANK YOU!

Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

• From Avira AntiVir the reset is been automatic with MBAM's uninstall.
  • In FW Online Armor them are still: reset and re add? (MBAM is in same old directory - It will be a technical thing that I don't understand.)

please stay with us as we are only trying to help you -

We will solve the problem as soon as we fully understand - We are not having these problems , so we are trying to create the problem and then solve it -

Crazy!

I love MBAM! (In every topic I appreciate your work)

It can be a (little) problem, but Iron always MBAM like my other similar! :) x 3