BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter

Tag_

[heir] It looks as you've had avast installed on this computer at some time as well. Is that correct? Shall we remove the leftovers?

Yes. No.

[heir] Do your recognize these documents with Cyrillic characters?

Yes. It's a russian game that created it.

Step 1.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\ytuf.sys do not exist.

Step 2.

OTL cleans a few things and reboot my PC.

=> OTL fixlog uploaded.

Step 3.

AVG Free 9.0 uninstalled. I will reboot and check if AVG process are definitly off my task manager. I post this reply before.

I keep Azureus.

Setp 4.

Nothing to do.

Step 5.

MBAM: nothing found. => Report uploaded.

10062010_202114.log

mbam_log_2010_10_06__20_56_07_.txt

Looking much better

Can you please paste the content of the logs from step 6. OTL.txt and Extras.txt as well.

We'll also do an online scan before we do some housekeeping from the tools we used.

Please do an online scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Kaspersky online scanner uses JAVA tecnology to perform the scan. If you do not have the latest JAVA version, follow the instrutions below under Upgrading Java, to download and install the latest vesion.

1. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
  2. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
  3. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
  4. Make sure the following is checked.
    • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
      Archives
      Mail databases

[*]Click on My Computer under Scan.

[*]Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.

[*]You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....

[*]Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.

[*]Please post this log in your next reply.

Upgrading Java:

javaicon.gif Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. NOT supported for use in 9x or ME

Upgrading Java :

• Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 21 .
  • Click the JDK 6 Update 21 (JDK or JRE) "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform, Register and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation ( jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u21-windows-i586.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

OTL logfile created on: 06/10/2010 21:55:19 - Run 3

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.14.1 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Bureau

Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstation

Internet Explorer (Version = 6.0.2900.2180)

Locale: 0000040C | Country: France | Language: FRA | Date Format: dd/MM/yyyy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7.0: scan report

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13

Last database update: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:54:00

Records in database: 4280474

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan settings:

scan using the following database: extended

Scan archives: yes

Scan e-mail databases: yes

Scan area - My Computer:

C:\

D:\

E:\

F:\

H:\

I:\

J:\

K:\

Scan statistics:

Objects scanned: 159708

Threats found: 0

Infected objects found: 0

Suspicious objects found: 0

Scan duration: 04:39:57

No threats found. Scanned area is clean.

Selected area has been scanned.

Hey there, Tag_ !

OK! Well done, your log is clean again! :thumbsup:

Time for some housekeeping.

Step 1.

Clean up:

First:

We need to do is to remove all the tools that you have used. This is so that should you ever be re-infected, you will download updated versions. It will also remove the quarantined Malware from your computer.

• Click START then RUN
  • Now type Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the /U, it needs to be there.
    Run_ComboFix%20{47}Uninstall.jpg

• Double-click OTL.exe to start it.
  • Click the Clean Up button
  • Click Yes to the reboot.

Now delete any tools/logs that is left over after you ran OTL Clean Up.

Second:

Now lets Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove any infected files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs from changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected, but that's good news).

Turn OFF System Restore.

• On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • Check Turn off System Restore.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer.

Turn ON System Restore.

• On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
  • Click Properties.
  • Click the System Restore tab.
  • UN-Check Turn off System Restore.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.

System Restore will now be active again.

Step 2.

Prevention:

OK, lets carry out a few preventative steps to make sure you reduce the risk of further infections.

First:

Your Adobe Acrobat Reader is out of date. Older versions are vunerable to attack.

Please go to the link below to download an update.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Remove the older versions and install the latest,

Second:

One of the essentials is to keep your computer updated with the latest operating system patches and security fixes. Windows Updates are constantly being revised to combat the newest hacks and threats, Microsoft releases security updates that help your computer from becoming vunerable. It is best if you have these set to download automatically.

Automatic Updates for Windows

• Click Start.
  • Select Settings and then Control Panel.
  • Select Automatic Updates.
  • Click Automatic (recommended)
  • Choose a day and a time when you know the computer will be on and connected to the internet.
  • Click Apply then OK.

Third:

Now lets download some preventative programs that will help to keep the nasties away! We will start with Anti Spyware programs. I would advise getting a couple of them at least, and running each at least once a month.

Anti Spyware

• SpywareBlaster to help prevent spyware from installing in the first place. A tutorial can be found here.
  • SpywareGuard to catch and block spyware before it can execute. A tutorial can be found here.

Note: If you find your system slows down after installing any of these, just uninstall it, or disable it from running at startup.

Fourth:

Next lets look at Firewalls. These help to prevent unauthorised access both to and from the internet or your local network. A firewall is considered a first line of defense in protecting private information. Below are two free firewalls to choose from, if you do not already have one. Note: You only need one firewall one your system.

Personal Firewalls

Fifth:

Nearly done! If you like to use chat, MSN and Yahoo have vunerabilities that can leave you open to infections. There are however a couple of very good, Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN):

Instant Messengers

Lastly:

To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein.

I will keep this log open for the next couple of days, so if you have any further problems post another reply here.

OK, all the best, and stay safe!

• Staff

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!