malwarebytes 1nti-malware 1.46 paid version

i just recently bought a year long liscense for malwarebytes, but despite having it set to auto start with windows, when i log into my user account malwarebytes anti-malware does not load up, i have to go and click on the desktop icon for it to load up and show in the system tray, also even after loading it does not show up in the security section of windows 7 ultimates action center, as in it does not show in the list of anti spyware programs on the computer, let alone that it's turned on, also, i do have the UAC activated, but on it's lowest setting without having it turned off, perhaps that has something to do withi t? i do have malwarebytes set to run as admin, is there any way i can fix this? i googled the problem hoping to find something on it, but nothing so far, i am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS so you know.

You have to run it in the Adminstrator mode.. And you got an email with a ID & License key (make sure that mail is not in your spam folder?) Also you did put in the ID & Key.... I've had people forget.. post back and let us know regards....

i did input the ID and key into the program, and it activated fine, then went and checked the "enable protection mode" box, it shows that it is set to auto start according to msnconfig, as well as when i run hijackthis, it shows malwarebytes in the autorun section, so why is it doing this??

i did input the ID and key into the program, and it activated fine, then went and checked the "enable protection mode" box, it shows that it is set to auto start according to msnconfig, as well as when i run hijackthis, it shows malwarebytes in the autorun section, so why is it doing this??

stand by 1sec.

i just recently bought a year long liscense for malwarebytes
Congratulations - You did not purchase a years subscription but a Lifetime subscription -

Use these following details to set your scanning times and update times http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...st&p=224633

Set the update and scanner times to suit yourself - One quick scan per day , with 2 or 3 updates per day is normal -

Thank you -

EDIT -

You have set the program to Autorun with entering your registration , as it will be always protecting you in the background , unless you disable it -

OK you still have your email with your ID & License Key Correct? Your going to need it after a reboot. Were going to un-install the program, use a clean tool on the program, and re-install it..... Don't do anything else in msconfig, and make sure your the adminstrator of the pc. Please follow the instructions for your OS below:

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue: Post back and let us know please

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important !
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from Here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so, very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask us and we will explain how to do it.

Thank You

OK you still have your email with your ID & License Key Correct? Your going to need it after a reboot. Were going to un-install the program, use a clean tool on the program, and re-install it..... Don't do anything else in msconfig, and make sure your the adminstrator of the pc. Please follow the instructions for your OS below:

Please do the following to see if it resolves the issue: Post back and let us know please

To Fully Remove and Reinstall a Fresh New Copy of Malwarebytes - Read Carefully

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Paid version only

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now reset any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask us and we will explain how to do it.

Thank You

alright, did as you said, now it does pop up in the system tray on start up, but, it still doesn't show in the action center under anti-spyware programs.

okay that's cool, still need help figuring out the problem with it not auto loading, nor showing in the security area of windows 7 action center.

I am using Windows 7 64bit and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) does not show in Windows 7 Action Center because it only reports on anti virus protection, Network Firewall, UAC mode and Windows Update status.

post-100-1286234009_thumb.png

Thx. Ken, I don't have Windows 7 ... if you want to stay with him - ?

i see, i understand that but figured Mbam would register as an anti-spyware program, that's why i was wonder why it didn't show up, and when i right click the mbam icon it's all good, everything that needs to be checked is checked, so may be just windows i guess.

i just recently bought a year long liscense for malwarebytes, but despite having it set to auto start with windows, when i log into my user account malwarebytes anti-malware does not load up, i have to go and click on the desktop icon for it to load up and show in the system tray, also even after loading it does not show up in the security section of windows 7 ultimates action center, as in it does not show in the list of anti spyware programs on the computer, let alone that it's turned on, also, i do have the UAC activated, but on it's lowest setting without having it turned off, perhaps that has something to do withi t? i do have malwarebytes set to run as admin, is there any way i can fix this? i googled the problem hoping to find something on it, but nothing so far, i am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit OS so you know.

If you are using another program that also has execution protection it is possible that the auto-start is being stopped by a RULE in a different program. When you click on the icon to manually start it, UAC should make you ALLOW it to continue. If you have UAC enable and you aren't being asked, something is screwed.

By the way, you should NOT have MBAM set to run in Admin mode. If you do, it won't autostart.

My cent worth; I don't know enough to give you my TWO cents worth. :(

~Shy

By the way, you should NOT have MBAM set to run in Admin mode. If you do, it won't autostart

you will have to ask YoKenny1 about the above. Or you can switch accounts. If your quick scan ran ok and is clean, glad all of us can help.

We never close if you have an issue or need support, or a question! Or just want to hang out. I"ll head out of here its almost 5PM in Arizona

gona grag some chow.... nice to meet you :( regards...

If you are using another program that also has execution protection it is possible that the auto-start is being stopped by a RULE in a different program. When you click on the icon to manually start it, UAC should make you ALLOW it to continue. If you have UAC enable and you aren't being asked, something is screwed.

By the way, you should NOT have MBAM set to run in Admin mode. If you do, it won't autostart.

My cent worth; I don't know enough to give you my TWO cents worth. :(

~Shy

okay, thanks alot.