Malwarebytes Updates:

Matetsi

Something is wrong. I purchased 3 MalwareBytes licenses back on 8/4/2010. I just checked my updates and noticed that the Current database information was:

Date: 8/23/2010 and version 4468

I found a link posted in the forum to retrieve the most current version. It updated. But why isn't the Check for Updates button active, and why isn't the app automatically updating?

Thanks.

Hello Man the rat,

Have you made sure that MBAM is set up to automatically download updates?

1. Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  2. Click on the Settings tab
  3. From the Settings tab, click on the Updater Settings tab
  4. From that tab, make sure the Download and install program update if available option is checked.

Also, you can set up MBAM to automatically update at certain intervals:

1. From MBAM, click on the Protection tab
  2. From the Protection tab, click on the Scheduler button
  3. Click on the Update tab and set up scheduling the way you'd like

Regards,

Keith

Something is wrong. I purchased 3 MalwareBytes licenses back on 8/4/2010. I just checked my updates and noticed that the Current database information was:

Date: 8/23/2010 and version 4468

I found a link posted in the forum to retrieve the most current version. It updated. But why isn't the Check for Updates button active, and why isn't the app automatically updating?

Thanks.

If the button is greyed out, that means that you're running in a Standard or Limited user account. Administrative privileges are required to download and install updates.

If you're using the paid version you'll need to log into an administrative user account (most likely the user account that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware was installed on originally) and open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the Protection tab then press the Scheduler button to configure any automatic updates and scans you desire by selecting your choice of options and clicking on Add. It should then scan and update automatically per the scheduled items you configured even when you're logged into your limited or standard user account :welcome:.

If the button is greyed out, that means that you're running in a Standard or Limited user account. Administrative privileges are required to download and install updates.

If you're using the paid version you'll need to log into an administrative user account (most likely the user account that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware was installed on originally) and open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the Protection tab then press the Scheduler button to configure any automatic updates and scans you desire by selecting your choice of options and clicking on Add. It should then scan and update automatically per the scheduled items you configured even when you're logged into your limited or standard user account :welcome:.

Thanks Much.