New Hard Drive

DarkSnakeKobra

I see your offline.. I would save post # 24... should you need help. Post in General forum or PC Help. Make of PC, OS, That screenshot of the errors! See who can jump in there - I ran it thru MS, and came up with some answers to your error. MS needed to know xp or windows7 Don't recall if your XP or Windows 7... good luck...

Edit: more info

what is the make & model of the pc? and are you Windows 7, + is this error on your pc or the ext. HD that got knocked over?

EDIT says its on his desktop

Dell 530D

250GB HD

2GB Ram

OS Windows Server 2008 R2(server based version of 7)

That is correct. Trying to backup on my knocked over drive.

Going to post there see what I can get.:welcome:

Thanks for that. It is still under limited warranty until 2012.;) Maybe I can send it in for repairs.:lol:

do it sooner remember the world will end in 2012 :welcome: Looks like your probs are solved if you send it in? you might have to pay shipping? good luck..

Won't boot windows at all now. Luckily I was able to open notepad for the privacy statement and save the errors on a flash drive.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline

Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

Problem Signature 03: unknown

Problem Signature 04: -1

Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia

Problem Signature 06: 1

Problem Signature 07: NoOsInstalled

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

X:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Some 30MB drive showed up called X: Boot System or something that I've never seen before.

you may want to kick this up to someone who knows a little more than me. I don't know why your main pc is doing this?

I don't know ether. Fortunately, this isn't my main computer. I can reformat it later when I get the email back from Microsoft regarding my volume license.:welcome:

I don't know ether. Fortunately, this isn't my main computer. I can reformat it later when I get the email back from Microsoft regarding my volume license.:lol:

maybe you can run the problem by someone you know...? but I'm glad its not your main. When you have time check everything, cables, plugs, last thing you did on it? even the dog :welcome: --

Against the rules at geekpolice. I have to receive help there. Was going to use that for malware collection and practice.:lol:

Ask Ron about it? Or Tom, TeMerc! If you get an infection, someone has to help you. my eyes are burning, I need some rest - was here yesterday into today :welcome:

PM sent, in a couple...be back later

I already posted in a special topic at geekpolice for trainees. Redid the steps before the indecent on my laptop which showed that it wasn't the cause.:lol:

1. Created a backup image.

2. Swapped the imaged to a sub folder and back(image saves to root and can't be detected if not there)to the root of the drive.

3. Rebooted the system to see if it was detected and possible errors.

The above was done before the errors occurred. I did it a bit differently this time with the laptop by adding a reboot and attempted image restore after image creation, but before swapping the file locations. Unfortunately, all images are created with the same name and must have the original name to work. :welcome: Makes it a bit difficult to determine which goes to which system and what is present.;)