Installing Malwarebytes alongside Vipre and Superantispyware

I've reviewed your forums and have seen instructions for installing Malwarebytes alongside several other AV programs. Which set of instructions should I follow to install the free version on my system?

I have Windows 7 x64

I have Vipre v4.0.3904 installed and running all the time (I can get off internet and stop it temporarily to install MBAM)

I have SuperAntiSpyware v4.33 installed and running all the time (I can get off internet and stop it temporarily to install MBAM)

Vipre and SAS work together really well.

It was recommended that I install free version of Malwarebytes and run it manually. I've downloaded most recent version 1.46.

THANK you in advance for help selecting your set of instructions to follow for install!

Hello rosymom: :)

Do you have VIPRE Premium (with firewall)? Following are exclusions by path:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If you have VIPRE Premium then you also have to exclude MBAM.EXE from it

By the way it's a misconception that "It was recommended that I install free version of Malwarebytes and run it manually", I am running MBAM real-time protection with VIPRE (non-premium) since long. Should you decide to purchase MBAM, let me know please, I'll provide some additional settings

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

I've reviewed your forums and have seen instructions for installing Malwarebytes alongside several other AV programs. [...]

It was recommended that I install free version of Malwarebytes and run it manually. I've downloaded most recent version 1.46.

THANK you in advance for help selecting your set of instructions to follow for install!

Follow Haider's instructions above. I run EXACTLY the same setup on my Vista/32 (i.e.; Vipre, SASpro and MBAMpro) with NO problems. Enjoy!

~Shy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...