Please clear this uo!!

Guest garybear

Guest garybear

Hi! Please clear this up for our members! There is much confusion about Blocked IP addresses. I see no way of telling if the blocked IP addresses are incoming or outgoing. This is my understanding of the feature." to prevent malware before it gets to, or gets out of your PC". If MBAM is blocking incoming IP's, not to worry. If MBAM is blocking outgoing IP's, maybe better worry. If this is a wrong statement, please clear this up for the members. Thank you!

Garybear

Guest garybear

Thank you! And if they are blocked incoming IP's Are they trying to scan and pirate my PC?

Garybear! PS These are always Chinese IP addresses that MBAM is blocking.

Edit to clear up post!!

Guest garybear

Hi exile 360! Thank you for your post. I have Online Armor for a firewall. Is it not doing it's job? Is there some thing I need to do to it? I really like it. Is is good enough to just let MBAM keep blocking them or do I need to do some thing different? Thank you.

Garybear

A hardware firewall, such as a router or modem (if you use high speed) will generally do the trick to block such incoming connection attempts. If you get the IP block notifications with your software firewall enabled, then something is wrong and some setting needs to be adjusted, though I'm not familiar enough with OA to tell you how to do it.

Guest garybear

Hi my friend. I don't have anything like p2p software on my PC. I thank you for your time. This is over this old man's head. I'm afraid I may be to dense to absorb all you are telling me, but I damn sure appreciate you. Thank you. Ps I have a very simple PC and very few Apps. Thank you friend for your time>

Garybear!

Guest garybear
You're most welcome :)

Basically any router set up using NAT (Network Address Translation) should block such anonymous access attempts. It could also be that some software on your PC is trying to access those IP's, P2P, Skype, IM clients and other such software can often be the cause of idle IP block notifications.

Hi my friend. I do not have p2p or Skype on my PC. I Goggled NAT and they lost me in the first two minutes. I guess I'll just forget all this and hope MBAM keeps me safe. I really thank you for your time. I just wish I had grown up with this stuff from the 3rd grade like some of you young folks have. I do what I can with what I have. Thank you again.

Garybear!

I have Online Armor for a firewall. Is it not doing it's job? Is there some thing I need to do to it?
These items can be repaired and fully fixed in the Malware Removal Area -

There are times that your router can be the one holding the infection and not your actual computer -

I have posted there myself to have these items cleared up by the experts, I got AdvancedSetup to help me, but any of the experts can do this -

It is a simple matter of posting the required logs and waiting for someone to be available -

They are a great help in there - I always post there if I think there is a bot trying to get in to my system -

There is no need to post files here as the experts look at those things -

Thank You -

Guest garybear

Hi friend! I will attempt this tomorrow. I'm completely exhausted to night. I will give it a go when my mind is a little fresher.. You are much appreciated and admired. I wish I had your knowledge. Thank you !!

Garybear. PS Thank you noknojon.

• Root Admin

I've moved this topic to General as it has become more than a suggestion.

Currently the program does not differentiate incoming or outgoing and yes it is a good suggestion (as has been brought up before) to see if we can enable it so that it logs if it's incoming or outgoing.

Thank you.

Hi garybear :)

I have a couple concerns with some of the folders listed.

1.IOBIT

2.Unlocker

Personally, I would remove IOBIT due to the theft incident of Mbam's database. Lastly when installing unlocker did you install the ebay shortcut? It's a trojan if you did. Good program, but installs malware and has been taken down by Microsoft for piracy concerns. So no more updates.:)

Guest garybear

Thanks everyone. I'm going to try noknojon's suggestion and have the malware fighters check me out. Thanks Buttons for your suggestions. I will do those also. I don't know what your saying Haider, but thank you for your post. Thank you everyone. I'm going to get started on noknojon's suggestion. That will keep me busy for awhile. It would be nice to know if they were incoming or outgoing. I'm sure Mbam will get that fixed.

Garybear!