Microsoft Security Essentials Alert

I installed MBAM on the computer hoping it would remove this virus because I was successful using this a few months ago. Now it didnt work. One thing I noticed is that it needs to be updated (MBAM). But I cannot access the internet to update because of the virus. The virus is on my laptop. I also installed MBAM on my desktop, which I am sending this message from, which was able to do the update. This is how I know the definitions are not up-to-date. I am oping that with updated definitions MBAM can take care of this but how can I get the update onto the laptop without internet access? Can I copy them from the desktop to a disk and then to the laptop? Please help me out here.

Hello RYLES: :)

Yes you can copy the latest definitions (rules.ref) from another computer. If you would like assistance then please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process. Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

You could try this Manual Updates steps FIRST, if that does not help you with removing the infection then follow the steps above by Haider......

Manual Update of Definition Database

If you cannot update the database to the latest version within the MBAM window, you may follow the instructions below and update it manually:

ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.

SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

• Windows XP and 2000
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

You can also download a manual update from HERE -

***NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program.

**NOTE: Please note though that this should be a last resort and if at all possible you should attempt to download updates from within the program.

Once the system is clean and stable again you should update again from within the program.

Hello RYLES: :)

Yes you can copy the latest definitions (rules.ref) from another computer. If you would like assistance then please read and follow the instructions in I'm infected - What do I do now? An Expert will assist you in removal process. Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Thanks!!!