Error code 732 + virus

bikerboy

Hello, I'm fairly new to computers, forums, viruses, e.c. (it's a lot of work just to ask a question, and some aren't "allowed").

My Windows Vista Home Premium 32 is again infected with the fake MS Security Essentials alert virus. I've tried using several anti-malware scanning programs to remove it (Norton 16.8.0.41 (360?), Malwarebytes 1.42, CCleaner, MS Defender, MS Software Removal Tool (MRT)). Norton is my current firewall/active security program. This first happened last week, and while running MRT (which takes all day), Norton automatically removed something which I think removed the virus (although it might have been just disabled but still on my computer?) because my computer ran normally after it did. I know I should have written down exactly what Norton removed, but now I can't figure out how to find specifically what Norton removed. Anyway, my computer is infected again. I've again used all 5 programs mentioned above, again to no avail. Wish I could get Norton to automatically remove it again, but I don't know how to do this (Norton's full system scan hasn't found anything). When I try to update Malwarebytes I receive error code 732 (0,0). I've read through many of the forums here, and I can't decide where to start.

I appreciate the difficulty in diagnosing and helping people solve their computer problems. Thanks in advance for all your help.

• Root Admin

Hello , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Version 1.42 is very old. Just uninstall it or try to install the newer 1.46 over the top of it. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

You should probably follow the directions below and have an Expert assist you with removing it and then follow up on their suggestions at the end on ways to try and prevent it in the future.

Someone will work with you one on one to assist you in that forum below.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org