I've got a VERY persistent infection.

leonus11

hi guy's

I've got a very annoying infection. OK so heres the deal. i can connect to the internet just fine. download speeds is not affected. programs are not affected (as in they do not close or crash). basically nothing is affected but every time i run a scan with MBAM 5 files show up. when i prompt MBAM to remove the files MBAM tells me that the files have been successfully removed. so i restart my PC and run a scan again but they still remain. sometimes a infected file is gone and only 4 appear infected (the same 4 the first scan came up with). so i prompt to remove those 4 and MBAM once again tells that they are gone and tell me to restart my PC. so i do just that. i run the scan again and AGAIN for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time they STILL reappear. so i run regedit and i navigate to the file (or registry file) and manually delete the file. OK so the file got deleted but when i refresh or minimize the window the file INSTANTLY reappears. I am at a loss as i have tried running several different anti-virus programs but NONE can remove the files. i have attached a .rar file incase you guys wanna go over it. thanks for hearing my plea guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

hi guy's

I've got a very annoying infection. OK so heres the deal. i can connect to the internet just fine. download speeds is not affected. programs are not affected (as in they do not close or crash). basically nothing is affected but every time i run a scan with MBAM 5 files show up. when i prompt MBAM to remove the files MBAM tells me that the files have been successfully removed. so i restart my PC and run a scan again but they still remain. sometimes a infected file is gone and only 4 appear infected (the same 4 the first scan came up with). so i prompt to remove those 4 and MBAM once again tells that they are gone and tell me to restart my PC. so i do just that. i run the scan again and AGAIN for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th time they STILL reappear. so i run regedit and i navigate to the file (or registry file) and manually delete the file. OK so the file got deleted but when i refresh or minimize the window the file INSTANTLY reappears. I am at a loss as i have tried running several different anti-virus programs but NONE can remove the files. i have attached a .rar file incase you guys wanna go over it. thanks for hearing my plea guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

ok thats weird. seems the file i attached is n't showing up.

mbam_log_2010_09_28__20_54_15_.zip

hi guy's

son of a bee sting!! i forgot to post which OS I'm running! *sigh* boy this damn infection has my nerves on end. I'm RUNNING Windows 7 Enterprise 64-Bit.

Hi,

Download OTL to your Desktop

• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Check the box that says Scan All Users.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
    netsvcs
    drivers32
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

• Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!