If not a chat room, how about this!!

Guest garybear

Guest garybear

I'm a newbie on this forum, and my PC and forum knowledge is very limited. I'm also very old and have learned a lot about life. I fully realize that this forum is to help members with malware and that is the primary purpose of this forum. I have also seen the hunger that members showed to just chat with each other; when the topic "Malwarebytes chat room" was introduced. A lot of people posted on that topic. A lot of posts got deleted. I saw a few before they were deleted. We all can't be malware fighters and want help in other ways. If we can't have a chat room, lets have a place where we can chat and not be warned every 10 seconds to stay on topic and if our posts are not offensive to others do not delete them. That's what this young man of 72 years observed in my short time here. I'm sorry to see that topic closed Malwarebytes chat room. People were chating and having a good time. I'm not criticizing the decision to close the topic, just voicing what I observed, so please don't read some thing in this that doesn't exist.

Garybear

We do have the general chat area :) As long as it's not offensive, about politics, religion, or targeting a group of people in a derogatory way, most things go in general chat :blink:

Please see the two links in my signature at the very bottom for rules of the forum & whats appropriate. :angry:

Guest garybear

Hi friend!!

I visit the General Chat every day. Since I know nothing abut fighting Malware, this is my favorite place. There just don't seem to be many members interested in the General Chat, and I just don't understand that. Thanks for your post.

Garybear

You're welcome :)

Well, just start a topic on something of interest to you, and I'm sure that you'll get some replies :blink: Most people focus on the malware removal and computer issues/topics/comcerns of course, but the general chat is a good place for general chat and to get to know each other a little bit :angry:

Guest garybear

"As long as it's not offensive, about politics, religion, or targeting a group of people in a derogatory way, most things go in general chat smile.gif" Quote by mountaintree!! I haven't done any of these things. I know that topic was closed, but it was closed for being off topic. Ron is the boss and I respect that. He chose to close that topic and I have no problem with that. I would not want his job. I couldn't handle it. I think a lot people are afraid to say what they think because they are scared off being off topic. It scares me. I would like to see things loosen up just a little and people having a little fun on this forum. Everyone seems uptight to me IMHO. I believe it said this was a place to introduce your self ect.

Garybear!

A place to introduce yourself and talk about general things apart from malware, politics and religion. Please keep anything clean.

Edited to add what this place is!

As far as I am concerned, things are loose, and this is a great place to hang out.... All you have to do is follow the rules.

Most folks that stick around here are here to help people with computer problems and fight the good fight against malware. There are a few that like to post in this General Chat section, but I for one prefer the sections where I can help people and do something useful.

That is what is fun for me, but to each his own.

Feel free to chat it up all you want here in the General Chat area. The Comments and Suggestions is for what it says: "Comments and Suggestions", not general chat, hence the removal of OT posts.

Part of what we do here is take suggestions from our users for our website and products and when topics get cluttered up with off topic posts it makes it difficult to keep track, thus creating more work for us.

Each part of the forum has a specific purpose, defined by its label, since this is the area labeled "General Chat", it is the ideal place for normal conversation :blink:.

Guest garybear

Hi Firefox & Buttons.

I have limited knowledge, but I do like to share what I have with others also. I try to make sure that I know what I'm talking about before I post on the topics. I pick and choose very carefully. I have a fairly good knowledge of XP3. I know nothing about fighting malware and I don't even go there. I can restore my PC to just the way it was virus free, and as it was the day I created the back up image of my OS; in 45 minutes. I have built a XP3 slip steam CD. I have a Bart rescue CD. A Windows PE rescue and two Linux rescue CD's. I know how to keep my PC running like a well oiled machine. I have a HD in a drawer ready to replace' in case my HD dies. I do not worry very much. I help all my friends keep their PC's running and do not charge them. I like this forum and have made new friends here. I have felt a warm reception here and I hope to stay here for a long time. I have my opinions, but I can also listen. I'm 72 years old and I expect to be talked to like an adult and not a small child; unless I'm acting like a small child. I consider you both as good friends. I thank you for your posts on this topic.

Garybear!

Guest garybear
Wow. I didn't know you were 72. :) You sure got a lot of energy.

I don't know about that Buttons, :blink: but I do love life and I love people. I'm a cancer survivor and I appreciate life I spend a lot of time on my PC. I have a bad breathing problem from the chemo, but I'm alive. My father and sister died in their 40th. I thank you for your warm welcome and consider you as my young friend.

Garybear!

I don't know about that Buttons, :) but I do love life and I love people. I'm a cancer survivor and I appreciate life I spend a lot of time on my PC. I have a bad breathing problem from the chemo, but I'm alive. My father and sister died in their 40th. I thank you for your warm welcome and consider you as my young friend.

Garybear!

Heh. Surviving cancer is not easy. My grandpa died of some sort of bone cancer I believe. They said it was terminal and all they could do was blood transfusions. Well, hopefully you got a ways to go still.:blink: I'm sorry. Was it cancer or other circumstances? If I might ask? You're very welcome.:)

Guest garybear

My father had colon cancer, which is what I had. He died at 41 . My sister had breast cancer and died at 40. My grand dad had bone cancer and died at 65. Cancer is in my family. I have had a good life, and I have a great wife. All is well my friend. Thank you for your post Buttons. Now this is what I call chating with friends and I'm having a great time. I'm loose and it's great!

Guest garybear

Hi! I have learned that there are members that are complaining about the way I post. Please post your complaints here so I can improve the way I post. Maybe I can stop annoying you. I can't promise that, but I will listen and try to improve. I also just learned that when you purchase Malwarebytes, It's a life time license. Now that's cool.

Garybear! :) :) :)

I am neither an employee or investor of Malwarebytes. I am ONLY a lifetime licensed USER of MBAMpro software so the following is ONLY my opinion and understanding. I speak only for myself and the following is solely my own line of thought.

This BUSINESS-operated (Malwarebytes, Inc.) IP board system is version 2.2.0 and all non-BUSINESS-related forums operate for the users AT THE PLEASURE OF MANAGEMENT which is a FACT that most users never think about or understand.

I understand that eventually Malwarebytes, Inc, will upgrade the USER's IPBoard software to:

When/If they do, one of the upgraded/new features is:

Please read the above carefully as it allows for Private Discussions among more than two people at a time. In my humble opinion, this will fulfill your "need" for a CHAT-type interchange.

Thank you,

~Shy

Guest garybear

Hi! Sense this topic has no topic, I can't get off topic. I just want to say that our chief administrator AdvancedSetup has a really tough job. He wants to be fair to everyone, and he also has to keep the forum running smooth. If you have been here for any length of time, you probably have had some of your posts deleted. You may not always agree with Ron. Just remember it ain't easy running this place and he does what he thinks needs to be done. Here's the way I see this. Its no big deal if a few of your posts get deleted. Just shrug it off and go on. Don't be thinned skinned about it and don't let your feeling be hurt, just go on and forget it. That's what I try to do. It's not going to do you any good to argue about it. Personally I wouldn't want Ron's job. I would be a raving maniac in a very short time. Now don't get a big head :) Ron, but I think your doing a good job.

Garybear!

ahhh noooo FB intergration might come. ahhh!!! runnn!!! lol jk at the last part :)

Gary,

I hope that you stay cancer-free and will do well from now on!

There is lot to learn here, feel free to read, read read, and learn learn learn! I know I have :)

Guest garybear

Hi mountaintree!

I have already learned a lot in a short period of time. Is that your eye ball in your avatar? Did someone give you a black eye? Let me know who did it and I'll wipe him out. Just kidding and being loose :) Can we see more than just an eye? :blink:

Garybear!

No one gave me a black eye. I wouldn't let em anyway... Nope, I don't really use my picture online... except little pieces like that once in a blue moon.

Here's the way I see this. Its no big deal if a few of your posts get deleted. Just shrug it off and go on. Don't be thinned skinned about it and don't let your feeling be hurt, just go on and forget it. That's what I try to do. It's not going to do you any good to argue about it. Personally I wouldn't want Ron's job. I would be a raving maniac in a very short time. Now don't get a big head :) Ron, but I think your doing a good job.

Garybear!

The majority of the topics I start get locked, but that is because I mostly post in the Newest Malware and Rogue Threats, where they are supposed to get locked. So far I do not believe any of my posts have been deleted. However, if that does happen to me I will follow your advice.

:)

I have no problem with the way you post garybear. I feel that a lot of members are too uptight around here. I have been away from the forum more and more since the beginning of this year, more because of work and extra-curricular activities but the times I do come on here, it always seems to be the same ol story. I applaud you for being light hearted while also wanting to learn. If you ever have any questions, just let me know!

Regards,

Keith