regarding IP Blocker blocking

Hi~

Just have a question about the IP blocker;

Is it necessary to have it on? I find it somewhat troublesome that it is constantly blocking websites I'm pretty sure are safe, like video sites I use to stream anime, etc, and also torrent sites I use to download TV series. Or is there a legitimate/necessary reason for it blocking these IPs =S, thanks. I also wonder if there's any way to associate the IP to a name so when the blocked IPs get cluttered I could choose which ones to unblock.

-Justin

video sites I use to stream anime, etc, and also torrent sites I use to download TV series.
Hi -

This is one of the reasons for the IP blocker - As some of these sites are P2P and therefore unsafe they are blocked -

If you feel safe with a site then you can allow it - The directions are listed in the FAQ area -

Section G of tht FAQ Area<-- linked here is all about how to turn off the blocker and to allow sites you trust - Please read it -

Thank you -

• Staff

Hi,

Is it necessary to have it on? I find it somewhat troublesome that it is constantly blocking websites I'm pretty sure are safe, like video sites I use to stream anime, etc, and also torrent sites I use to download TV series.
P2P websites are one of the largest vectors for infection in existence. I do not consider them safe at all.

Okay cool thanks :blink:

I've decided to keep the IP blocker on, as it doesn't affect my torrent speeds much, and I can still manage to visit torrent sites for TV series like piratebay.org, just that all the GUI has gone and the links are muddled up XD. And also, some sites that have blocked IPs still run perfectly, just as the post you linked me said. Thanks for the replies!

-Justin