Malwarebytes anti-malware wont start

when i try to start malwarebytes' anti malware i get the following error

An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team.

MBAM_ERROR_EXPANDING_VARIABLES (0,9)

Thanks for ur help in advance

Also when i close the box i get the following

An error has occurred. Please report this error code to our support team.

MBAM_ERROR_MISSING_FILE (3, 0, mbamswissarmy.sys)

The system cannot find the path specified

MBAM_ERROR_EXPANDING_VARIABLES (0,9)

MBAM_ERROR_MISSING_FILE (3,0, mbamswissarmy.sys)

The system cannot find the path specified.

Here's a fix that exile360 made, it is universal for XP, Vista and Windows 7 and should fix the problem:

Note: If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select "Run as administrator".

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    if exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    if not exist "%allusersprofile%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    if exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    if not exist "%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu" md "%userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
    del /f /q %0

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it if using Windows XP. If using Windows Vista or Windows 7 you MUST right-click on the file and select Run as administrator otherwise it will not work.
  • Once that's complete try running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works without error or not.