Malwarebytes keeps crashing

Hello, whenever I run malwarebytes full scan it would keep crashing after about an hour, sometimes an hour and a half. I've tried reinstalling but that didn't help. I've tried to uncheck the enable heuristics box and that didn't change anything. I would really like to scan my computer because I recently had a Trojan virus and want to get everything out. Please help.

As you read there's some issues regarding this which are being looked into.

If you want to make sure the system is clean, I can help you with that, just let me know what operating system you are using and if it's 32 or 64 bit.

Thanks....MrC

Oh right, will there be an official notice when the issue is resolved?

I think I am using a 32. but I'm not sure...is there some way to check that?

OK, please do this:

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1

Link 2

ComboFix Guide <---please read!

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon and choose disable/exit. More info HERE
    They may interfere with the running of ComboFix.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
    Notes: Combofix will run without the Recovery Console installed. Skip the Recovery Console part if you're running Vista or Windows 7.
    Note: If you have SP3, use the SP2 package.
    If Vista or Windows 7, skip the Recovery Console part
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. It's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

RC1.png

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

RC2-1.png

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt using Copy / Paste in your next reply.

Notes:

1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.

2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.

3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please let me know.

4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

5.Give it atleast 20-30 minutes to finish if needed.

MrC

Okay, I've sent it via a message since it's quite big.

What does Combofix do then? :/

It's a scanner and very powerful malware removal tool, the log it creates has to be analyzed and then we can proceed.

-----------------------

Please post the ComboFix log, it should fit.

or

attach it as a .txt file, no zip files!

MrC

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!