malwarebytes quick scan stops whenever it scans tdc.ocx file

Please download DebugView from this link, and follow the instructions below to get me an error log:

1. Download DebugView. Make sure to save it on your Desktop instead of clicking 'Run' or 'Open'.
  2. Right-click on the 'DebugView' file that you just saved on your Desktop, and select "Extract All".
  3. Open the new DebugView folder that was created on your Desktop after extracting.
  4. Windows XP and 2000 users should double-click on the file named 'Dbgview'. Windows 7 and Vista users should right-click and select "Run as Administrator".
  5. Click on the 'Capture' menu, and select everything except "Log Boot" (you will have to open the menu again after clicking to select an item).
  6. Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run the same scan you were trying to run before.
  7. After the scan freezes, wait a couple of minutes, and then switch back to DebugView and click 'File' and "Save As" in order to save the log to a file on your Desktop.
  8. Please attach that log file to a reply so that we may analyze it for errors.

Please download DebugView from this link, and follow the instructions below to get me an error log:

1. Download DebugView. Make sure to save it on your Desktop instead of clicking 'Run' or 'Open'.
  2. Right-click on the 'DebugView' file that you just saved on your Desktop, and select "Extract All".
  3. Open the new DebugView folder that was created on your Desktop after extracting.
  4. Windows XP and 2000 users should double-click on the file named 'Dbgview'. Windows 7 and Vista users should right-click and select "Run as Administrator".
  5. Click on the 'Capture' menu, and select everything except "Log Boot" (you will have to open the menu again after clicking to select an item).
  6. Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run the same scan you were trying to run before.
  7. After the scan freezes, wait a couple of minutes, and then switch back to DebugView and click 'File' and "Save As" in order to save the log to a file on your Desktop.
  8. Please attach that log file to a reply so that we may analyze it for errors.

thanks for your reply

for some reason I cannot attach that file

I've uploaded it to mediafire instead, hope you don't mind

http://www.mediafire.com/?atxmohek7i6fex8

LENOVO_PC.txt

No, I'm actually clueless when it comes to computer so ... I don't know anything about error checks :)

malwarebytes was normal before, but, when I get this message (I still get it everytime I start my computer, even now)

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af23/bb...=Untitled-3.png

then I followed the instruction on this page: http://www.myantispyware.com/2009/12/02/ho...ojan-fakealert/

and installed OTM, do what it told me to, and I guess it was moving sshnas21.dll or smt like that

then I scan with MBAM and the freezes happen

Hi -

I think this may be the type of check that GT500 wants to run -

Please try running a FULL disk check on the drive and see if that helps.

This is for Vista but the same method should be valid for Windows 7

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista

Basically you need to start an Administrative/Elevated DOS prompt and the run

CHKDSK C: /R

Tell it yes to run it on reboot and then reboot and let it check the drive.

Thank You -

If you open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, switch to the 'Settings' tab, and then go to "Scanner Settings". What happens if you turn off the option for advanced heuristics (Shuriken) and then run the scan again?

thanks

after I did that MBAM scanned smoothly without any problems

should I leave that box unchecked from now?

though when I error check my comp, after it finishes nothing happens , does that mean there aren't any errors?

I've been experiencing crashes once in a while though

wow they're that harmfull?

they cleaned the registry on my comp just fine though

maybe I was lucky

I used a certain registry cleaner (which shall remain nameless) for years before having it bork a system's registry, and make it unbootable. Even restoring the backups didn't fix it. I had to reformat and reinstall Windows. I don't think I've used a registry cleaner since.

There is really only one registry cleaner that I trust, but I haven't used it in years either. The Windows registry does not really benefit from cleaning, but there is a huge benefit in defragmenting the registry. A lot of people like to use NTREGOPT to defragment the registry, and they also like to use ERUNT to back up the registry just in case the worst happens (I would believe that ERUNT is capable of running from the recovery console, and restoring the registry after your system becomes unbootable).