Malware Bytes serverly laggin my PC

I just got several licenses of the product for PC's around the office. We're considering making this our standard software for all our PC's on the network. I installed the software on my PC and it runs great (WinXP Pro, Sophos and firewall disabled - relying on company firewall to safeguard myself).

I then installed it on a couple other machines and instantly they ran into problems where the machine won't boot, laggy, sometimes click on an application the machine appears to freeze and then maybe continues/maybe not.

If I uninstall the program then all is well again.

They are running Windows 7, Sophos and Windows Firewall and Windows XP Sophos and Windows Firewall.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on for them to have such horrid results with the software and for myself having such great success. I would say of all the users I'm the one with the most "crap" on his drive and does the most surfing and work on my PC (I'm the company net admin and programmer).

Is there some sort of patch. We just got the software only 7 days ago directly from this website.

Other helpful info is that we're all on a WIndows 2008 active directory domain. Our primary hardware firewall is a Fortigate 60b by FortiNet. All users using the software are on the same network segment and domain. One of the machines having the issue is brand new. While mine is nearly three years old. Machiens are Dells and HP.

Thanks

Dan