COMBOFIX ... CPScript Name Error

eirman

I don't have a malware problem, but I decided to follow recommendations found on this site and install Combofix.exe ... just in case.

However, I cannot install it. I keep getting this error ......

CPScript Name Error

================================

Were you trying to run CPScript ?

The name CPScript appears to be incorrectly spelt

================================

(I'm running XP SP3, Avira is disabled and I left the Comodo Door Open)

I don't have a malware problem, but I decided to follow recommendations found on this site and install Combofix.exe ... just in case.

However, I cannot install it. I keep getting this error ......

Please do not try to download Combofix without the help of an expert , here or at another forum !!!!!

This is not an anti-malware program but it is also a diagnostic tool and can alter or corrupt some of your files if not used properly -

Malwarebytes is an Anti Malware program that is available free from most download sites -

Please re enable your Antivirus program again and I will leave a contact to d/load Malwarebytes for free -

Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Thank You -

Thanks for the replies. I was reading post #4 of this .... http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=62245

and I thought I was doing the right thing by following this advice ...

"With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal."

Anyhow, it would not install, so no harm was done.

Thanks for the replies. I was reading post #4 of this .... http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=62245

and I thought I was doing the right thing by following this advice ...

Those instructions in that section are intended for the person that is being helped in that topic. If you were to run some of the stuff and or instructions it could cause your computer to not function as some of the code was written by the experts specifically for their situation.

Just my 2 cents....

Guest garybear

Hi! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it's broke , this is the place you want to be. That's my 2 cents.

Garybear! PS Get a good Anti-virus program, a good firewall, and run Malwarebytes in real time. Get a good back up program and back up your OS (Cdrive) at least once a month. You will never need Combo Fix.

This is also directed at any person looking for a fix to a problem -

Please note that All items in Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs area are specific to the Machine/Problem presented -

Although many items include similar problems and similar fixes , be assured that the expert has read the logs and is using these as a pointer -

There is usually never just one simple item in a fix that will fully remove the problem - If there was then Malwarebytes would have included it in the program -

Our program is judged among the best "single" removal tool available today - Check any forum and first advice is "have you run MBAM" -

Thank You -