Disable website blocking alerts

justinx

I did a search and found nothing about disableing alerts so i thought i might post this suggestion or request as it may be.

I would like the option to disable the popup alerts every time mbam blocks access to a website. I like the feature, i use it and i wish to continue to use it, but the amount of popups im getting (4 or more a minute during active surfing) is really anoying.

Thank you kindly for reading.

Hello justinx: :P

Though this won't be a recommended action, and will defeat the purpose of Website Blocking Module. However, if you still want to go ahead at your sole discretion, then do the following:

1. Right-click on MBAM System Tray icon
  2. Uncheck Website Blocking

Please see the screenshot below

sDlhF.png

Should you have any other question(s) please post back using MXyBj.png button

Thanks, Firefox, for the info. While I had seen that doc previously, I didn't notice the IP Protection section. If I am correct in reading JustinX's post, that is his answer.

Perhaps, in a future release, this feature could be added as an option, just as in the Update Module's options, "Show tooltip balloon after successful update". I have found when installing MBAM for clients, they do not want to be bothered with the balloon pop-ups, so I leave that option turned off when I am setting their Scan and Update options.

Something just occurred to me - The Scan option - "preform scheduled scan silently from system account" is how I always set up a daily scan. Could there be an option to do the same for the "run flash scan after successful update"?

RandyC

To disable IP block notifications open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Protection tab. Uncheck the box next to Show tooltip balloon when malicious website is blocked. then close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

There should be no more notifications when a malicious site is blocked but the IP blocker will still be working :).

You're most welcome :)

If you ever want to check to see which IP addresses have been blocked (which is especially useful when the notifications are disabled), simply open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Logs tab and open your most recent protection-log....txt file, it will list all IP's that have been blocked for that particular day :).