Can you help a brother out?

bgriffin184

I have been having a problem on my desktop PC where it will randonmly freeze. The keyboard, mouse or anything else will not work. It usuallyhappens when my kids on on the internet, facebook, etc. Ocassionally, the dreaded blue screen comes up. We have been shutting down the computer and just restarting to unfreeze the thing. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!!

BG

I have been having a problem on my desktop PC where it will randonmly freeze. The keyboard, mouse or anything else will not work. It usuallyhappens when my kids on on the internet, facebook, etc. Ocassionally, the dreaded blue screen comes up. We have been shutting down the computer and just restarting to unfreeze the thing. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!!

BG

In order to help you more information is needed. Your OS, RAM and drive size, service packs, what anti virus are you using? Have you scanned with Malwarebytes?

Hello bgriffin184 and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW Topic Here.

One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Note:

when replying, use thepost-31116-1278358032.jpg button located at the bottom of the page instead of using the Quote Button, as this makes the request easier to read.

Hello bgriffin184 and Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW Topic Here.

One of the Expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Note:

when replying, use thepost-31116-1278358032.jpg button located at the bottom of the page instead of using the Quote Button, as this makes the request easier to read.

When I try to update my virus definitions, I get eh following error message:

ERROR 732(0,0)

If you are getting error 732 when updating malwarebyes its cause you are using an old version.... follow the steps below to update it to the latest version which is 1.46 database version 4667 at the moment

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • NOTE: If you get SHGetValue failed with error code 0, that only means that the tool has nothing to perform, continue on with the next step....
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Welcome To Malwarebytes :angry:

I'd be glad to point you in the right direction :blink:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please DO NOT POST LOGS in the "General Forums" unless requested.

please follow the instructions below and an Expert will assist you

1. Please read the other pinned topic for Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions which may answer some of your questions for you.
  2. Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  3. Then post a NEW topic here.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic

and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

As a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via this help desk link Here -

Our online experts will be able to assess your problem further -

edit note - I didn't see the other post in this topic when I viewed its last post