New, check HJT logs??

ko57

It looks like Zone Alarm might have been cleared from the registry?? In my first few reports it still showed Zone Alarm in the registry, as well as Symantec from when I had Norton. I've read Norton's website has a "total removal" tool from their site, so I'll try that.

I did download Online Armor, in their faqs it mentions previous firewall registry entries might be a reason that OA might not work. I did not install it yet, and did not check the registry yet to see if ZA still had a reg entry. If ZA did, is there a way to remove it with OTL, Trend Micro HJT or ??

I'm fixing to get ready for work, but tomorrow I might go ahead and install Online Armor, see how it does. Any help on this would also be appreciated, thank you in advance...

Regards,

Kerry

Hi Kerry, Combofix removes some orphaned entries, however in none of your logs I see leftovers from ZA. I wouldn't worry too much about that. :)

As for Norton, you can try this:

Please click HERE and follow the instructions in STEP 2 to download and run the norton removal tool.

Thanks for the link Elise, I ran Quick scans from Avast, MALB, & Win Defender, then just got through w/the install of Online Armor. Let it run in learning mode, so far so good, doesn't seem to use much in resources. :)

I'll probably run the removal tool tomorrow, fixing to call it a day-work tonight...

Thanks,

Kerry

Elise,

Everything works fine, Malwarebites had popped a couple of warnings it blocked, so did Online Armour-I had just blocked one-fine with me, not over doing it with the false warnings as you'd mentioned.

I installed OA let it go in learning mode, I did eventually put malb in the exclusions, all clear.

Thanks again for all your time and effort, much appreciated!!

Best Regards,

Kerry