Need help with possible Malware (Gvtl.dll) Gamevance32.exe

I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for a few months now, and so far it's been doing a great job cleaning nasty Trojans up for me.

However just today I've been curious about Keyloggs and anything else that might get through, so after doing some research decided to try out Security Task Manager, and there didn't seem to be any problems with it. I used it to check out some suspicious processes such as Gvtl.dll (or something similar to that). Anyway, I tried to remove it with STM, but I couldn't completely get rid of it, instead I could only Quarantine it.

I believe it has been running for awhile now, however I've been having absolutely no problems, so I'm guessing it's just keylogging, although it says in the Quarantine that it's not active (not sure if it's because its in Quarantine or is MSE just deactivated it something which is why it's getting no scans... ?). It also says its hidden, although I have the option on to show Hidden Files, but couldn't find it under the address the Security Task Manager showed.

Anyway, now I can't get rid of it, atleast I don't think I can, if I hit Delete in the Quarantine window it's in, it goes back into the main Task Manager window but grayed out and inactive, then I re-Quarantine it, so I'm guessing that's NOT getting rid of it permanently. Add/Removing it won't work as it's "Already been uninstalled".

This Security Task Manager also comes with Spy Protector which after doing research on that sounds like a Rogue anti-spyware program, but it doesn't seem to be running or anything at all (MSE doesn't see anything wrong either, I've also full scanned in Safe Mode w/Networking to see if that would work, but got nothing as well.

So basically, I can't seem to permanently get rid of this Gamevance32.exe, but it's Quarantined by Security Task Manager (which now I'm slightly worried isn't too safe becuase of the Spy Protector thing) I'm also not sure if getting rid of the Task Manager will release the Gamevance32.exe and kind of afraid to restore it, although it didn't seem to do anything before.

After doing just tons of searching, I found a suggestion specifically to stop it (which I thinnk I've done), then read up on how to Unregister it.

All of this was just from me being a little worried about Keylogs too lol. I tend to get anxious about my computer security, if anyone has some advice i'm all for it. I haven't gotten MalwareBytes yet, I'm not sure if it will have issues with MSE or w/e, and not even sure if it will fix the problem anyway as MSE hasn't, I'm not even sure if there IS a real problem either. Absolutely everything has been running fine before I got myself in this mess.

Thanks in the advance and I'm sorry for the long post, trying to be clear on my situation. =/

Hi PencilHelp and Welcome -

Malwarebytes is a free download if you wish to use it - Fot the best results follow these directions -

Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here - Re enable MSE (in settings) after the install -

Malwarebytes works well with Microsoft Security Essentials so you should not have problems -

If you find there are still problems with infections then follow the instructions below to access our free Malware removal area -

As we do not work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums please follow these directions -

Please print out, read and follow What do I do now? , skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

The next step is post a New Topic Here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that

you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - Please allow at least 48 hours for a reply as the experts can get busy at times -

Also add a brief note to the experts as to your problems -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or via This Link

Always use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when you reply -

Thank You - :)

I can't believe how smoothly that went! I didn't expect that to work, I'm sorry for being so rediculous before. But thank you SO much!

Turns it I had alot of nasties (Yet again), a little scarry that MSE didn't see a single thing though, perhaps the stuff I downloaded to help improve security really was just a Rogue program and maybe pulled the wool over MSE's eyes. =p

Again thanks SOOO much!

P.S. I thought the guy above was making fun of me lol, guess he's just a spammer.

Hello PencilHelp: :)

It is good to know that MBAM Free version has helped you, I would suggest you to upgrade (Full/Pro), it is life-time license for one system, comes with

1. Real-time protection
  2. Scheduler for Automatic Updates and Scans
  3. Malicious IP Blocking

However, it is not a substitute for an AV

P.S. I thought the guy above was making fun of me lol, guess he's just a spammer.

If the guy you were refering to above is noknojon, he is by no means a spammer nor would he be making fun of you. We here at Malwarebytes take malware and infections seriously....

If you feel you are still infected follow the instructions provided above by noknojon :P

If the guy you were refering to above is noknojon, he is by no means a spammer nor would he be making fun of you. We here at Malwarebytes take malware and infections seriously....

If you feel you are still infected follow the instructions provided above by noknojon :P

No no, some other guy came on talking about random stuff and putting a link to some merchandise but it kind of sounded like he was making fun of me for being ignorant/uneducated.

But then saw his name in every thread. =p

Anyway thanks again, I don't THINK I have any other problems, nothing showing on the MBAM or MSE and it cleaned up quite a few things, also got rid of Security Task Manager, no idea if that was a good or bad program, not sure if I had the extra trojans before or after I got it.

I'll think about getting the purchased version after I get a new computer and have the money though. Thanks again!

Thank You (I think) -

I do try to post where ever I think I can be helpful - Member Firefox (above) will also post only helpful advice -

No no, some other guy came on talking about random stuff and putting a link to some merchandise but it kind of sounded like he was making fun of me for being ignorant/uneducated.
Please use the Free version if that is all you need for now -

Also remember to update the free version every few days , as there can be 5 or more updates every day -

Thank you for using our program -