The most basic question

I'm dumb, I know I am dumb. However at the risk of proving it, I gotta ask this. I have a computer that is infected and can't get online. I have another computer that I can download the program, but how do I put it on a disc so I can install it on another computer? I am using Windows Vista Ultimate and I want to install it on a computer that has XP pro.

Am I the only one who doesn't know how to do this?

And yes I looked for about 20 minutes before I posted this. Oh and if it is there and easy to find, could you post where proving even more how..... well......you know.

Very frustrating morning so far.

:)

Hello and :)

Just download the installer on the computer that has internet access to a flash drive, or burn it to CD.

Here are the download links for you, these can change from time to time especially when the new version comes out....

Download FROM HERE: This link will direct you to any of the following download sites, all considered safe:

CNET

FileForumBeta

MajorGeeks

TechSpot

Or you can use THIS LINK from cnet download should work okay until or unless they change it.

Note: Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' software which is prominently displayed, they are ads and we do not have any association with them.

Save the file to your flash drive then double-click it on the installer on the infected computer to begin installation.

Also copy the latest diffinition files from the working machine to the flash drive so that you can copy it to the infected computer so you can run a quick scan with the latest definition files.....

Manual Update of Definition Database

If you cannot update the database to the latest version within the MBAM window, you may follow the instructions below and update it manually:

ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.

SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

• Windows XP and 2000
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

You can also download a manual update from HERE -

***NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program.

**NOTE: Please note though that this should be a last resort and if at all possible you should attempt to download updates from within the program.

Once the system is clean and stable again you should update again from within the program.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow I'd love to do that. How do I do it. The only option it gives me is to install it to the computer. Not to save the file elsewhere. That's my whole problem.

I actually already downloaded the file 3 times and installed it once. Still can't burn it to a disc cause I have no idea how.

Hi -

Save to My Documents (or Desktop) , and then send to D drive (usually your CD drive) cut the CD and install it from there -

You should be presented with 3 options , Run , Save , Cancel - Click the Save option -

Don't click Run , click on Save , and select the place to save it to - It should list Desktop , My Documents or similar options -

Always post back if you need more help -

Thank You -

@ CaptainO,

After inserting the CD, please drag the files you wish to burn to CD to the CD drive and then choose "Write to disk".

:)

What operating system are you running by the way?