Real Bugs in my Laptop !

green olives

My laptop has been dying this week. First the screen went out then it took several trys just to turn on and now it won't turn on at all. The screen may have just worn out (it is 4 ysrs old ) but the power-up problem is a bummer. I'd like to recover some of the data from the HD. It was invaded by little black ants this week that made a home inside the computer. I think I got them mostly out but I don't know if this was the cause of the problem.

It would be nice if I could get it working again but in case the computer is unsalvagable, is there any way to recover data from the hard drive?

Hi -

Can you remove the hard drive (with great care) from the L/top and place it in a similar unit that you know works - (Old L/tops are cheap) -

Then see if you can, at least, turn it on - If it will not turn on then your HD may have fully shorted out from the ants etc -

The age of the unit should not be a great problem , but the power supply unit may be a greater concern -

Thank You -

Hi -

Can you remove the hard drive (with great care) from the L/top and place it in a similar unit that you know works - (Old L/tops are cheap) -

Then see if you can, at least, turn it on - If it will not turn on then your HD may have fully shorted out from the ants etc -

The age of the unit should not be a great problem , but the power supply unit may be a greater concern -

Thank You -

Thanks, I see what I can do!

My laptop has been dying this week. First the screen went out then it took several trys just to turn on and now it won't turn on at all. The screen may have just worn out (it is 4 ysrs old ) but the power-up problem is a bummer. I'd like to recover some of the data from the HD. It was invaded by little black ants this week that made a home inside the computer. I think I got them mostly out but I don't know if this was the cause of the problem.

It would be nice if I could get it working again but in case the computer is unsalvagable, is there any way to recover data from the hard drive?

Found a dead cricket in mine. Plus a couple of other weird ones.:)

@ Haider, I am not pointing to an external case, it is a device that you can use over and over with different types of HD's. I use it as a tool, since I am in the business of computer repair, I use this tool quite often it is the best $25 bucks I have ever spent. It has paid for itself 100 times over.....