Empty Recycle Bin before scan and Add Checked to Ignore list

MilesAhead

Hi. I recommend this software frequently. Also I tried search so if these features have been requested a bunch, sorry about that.

I program small utilities often in scripting languages and wrapped in an exe by the scripting compiler. Often they get flagged as falso positives. No way to completely eliminate that. But 2 things do drive me nuts:

1) If I forget to clean the recycle bin before scanning, any deleted programs flagged as false positives are now locked up. I can only delete them via reboot.

2) Any of my utilities that I haven't already put on the Ignore List, that are flagged, I have to add one at a time. That can be a lot of mouse clicking. These issues would be easily solved by:

a) add option "empty recycle bin before scan"

:) add command "add all selected to ignore list"

I know where the false positives came from since I wrote them. It's just drudgery to have to click 26 times to add versions of scripts as I edit, recompile, test, deleted to the ignore list one at a time or having to reboot to clean them off.

Thanks for the software. It has fixed a number of small issues on my systems. :)

Hi. I recommend this software frequently. Also I tried search so if these features have been requested a bunch, sorry about that.

I program small utilities often in scripting languages and wrapped in an exe by the scripting compiler. Often they get flagged as falso positives. No way to completely eliminate that. But 2 things do drive me nuts:

1) If I forget to clean the recycle bin before scanning, any deleted programs flagged as false positives are now locked up. I can only delete them via reboot.

2) Any of my utilities that I haven't already put on the Ignore List, that are flagged, I have to add one at a time. That can be a lot of mouse clicking. These issues would be easily solved by:

1) add option "empty recycle bin before scan"

2) add command "add all selected to ignore list"

I know where the false positives came from since I wrote them. It's just drudgery to have to click 26 times to add versions of scripts as I edit, recompile, test, deleted to the ignore list one at a time or having to reboot to clean them off.

Thanks for the software. It has fixed a number of small issues on my systems. :)

Seems to be no way to edit my post.. so had to do it this way.

:)

You need to have 50 posts to edit. Few bad beans caused this change.

I think an exclude files/folders option would be good. Where you can choose which files to ignore is a must.

The ability to cleanup the trash and temp files is also not a bad deal.

How about a check all box? Mail boxes have these where you can click the top box and it checks them all. Much smaller then a add all button.:)

I'm a programmer myself and have had attention by mbam. Never flagged anything, but Comodo Defense alerted it had interest in some of my files and was watching them more carefully.:) Not that they are malicious, but an option to ignore files/folders is a must for us.:)

:)

You need to have 50 posts to edit. Few bad beans caused this change.

I think an exclude files/folders option would be good. Where you can choose which files to ignore is a must.

The ability to cleanup the trash and temp files is also not a bad deal.

How about a check all box? Mail boxes have these where you can click the top box and it checks them all. Much smaller then a add all button.:)

Thanks for the reply. I'm always a bit surprised when I get a bunch of flagged files because the top of the list has a checkbox to check or uncheck the entire stack. But then you still have to right click individually to add to ignore list. Unless I'm doing something wrong. But I think you are right about the ignore folder idea. Then I could just mark my scripts folder off limits instead of adding to the ignore list as I create new programs. But I only get a ton of hits in the situation where I forget to clean the recycle bin. Just about any of the remedies would work for me. I'm getting away from the scripting for a bit anyway. I've forgotten most of my c++ and now that they allow inline inscrutable anonymous functions I can't resist jumping back into it. :)

• 10 months later...